9. Baby, I love you

Khushi

I opened my eyes slowly shielding them with my hands from the brightness of the room. My eyes felt heavy and my head was about to explode. I looked around my room and remembered everything that happened last night. My eyes teared up a bit but I wiped my tears away and smiled.

The reason for my smile was Adi. The way he took care of me last night like I was a fragile child, really touched my heart. He was the only one who could console me. Yesterday, I realised that he had that power over me to calm me down when no one else could.

I loved him so much. I just wished I could confess my feelings to him but I had no courage. I was in my thoughts when Akshita bhabhi came to my room. I smiled at her.

She sat on the bed and hugged me, "Look at yourself, how much did you cry last night."

I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked awful. My eyes were puffy and red-rimmed, my hair was messy and my face was pale. I smiled sheepishly at bhabhi.

"How do you feel though?" She asked caressing my hair.

"I think I am fine now, bhabhi but my head is about to explode," I whined and kept my head on her lap. She started massaging my forehead lightly.

"It feels so good." I felt relief when she massaged my head.

"Khushu, I know it's difficult for you to forget everything and move past it but we all are for you. We will always support you. Past is in the past. Adi is with you now, he is your present and your future. Just try to let go of the bad memories and make new ones with Adi." Bhabhi explained to me and a tear of frustration rolled out of my eye.

"Bhabhi, I try so hard but it hurts so much sometimes. Their words break me. They make me feel worthless. No matter how strong I try to be, I always fail." I sniffled hiding my face in her lap.

"It's ok. Let it out. I know how you feel. I have seen it all. Pain breaks you but love makes everything worthy. You have seen it, how Ashish took my pain away, how his love made everything else meaningless for me. More than anything else, he gave me the love of a family. I won't say I forgot everything that happened in my past but I have made new memories with Ashish and you guys. I try to be better every day. Things don't change, they just get better and what makes it better is love. Love makes everything worthy." I smiled at her words.

"You love bhai so much. He is so lucky to have you." I said, sitting up with my legs folded and hands on either side of my face.

"I love him more than anything else in this whole world. I guess we both were lucky." Her eyes held so much sincerity that anyone could feel her love and respect for bhai, in her eyes and her words.

"Aww and I love you more than my own life," Bhai said from the door. We both looked at him, he was leaning on the door frame with arms folded on his chest. Bhai smiled and came towards us.

"Your habit of sneaking and eavesdropping on us would never change," I said shaking my head at him. He just shrugged unapologetically.

He stood in front of bhabhi and whispered, "I love you." kissing her forehead with love. Bhabhi smiled at him.

"And I love you as well." He said kissing my forehead. "I can bear anything in the world but seeing you both in pain is something I can't even think about."