47. One year of wedded bliss

Aditya

Only three months were left for our baby's arrival and I couldn't be happier. In the 6 months of Khush's pregnancy, we both have felt every emotion together. We have celebrated every kick of our baby, every ultrasound, every late-night snack, morning walks and long drives, together.

Khush has felt pains too; some nights, she wouldn't sleep at all and just cried while some nights she would snuggle into me and sleep for hours. Today was one of those days where she slept for more than necessary hours. I was trying to wake her up because it was past her breakfast and vitamins time but she was sleeping soundlessly.

"Khush, wake up. Baby, it's late." I sighed, kissing her forehead.

"Hmm. Five more minutes, please." She mumbled and shifted closer to me. She loved sleeping like that. I smiled at her childish antics and kissed her hair.

 I smiled at her childish antics and kissed her hair

"Khushu, you will feel dizzy then. Come on, wake up and eat something. Please."

"Ok." She pouted and woke up reluctantly. I smiled at her and kissed her pout.

"One of these days you are becoming a baby yourself. Now come here and give me your squishy hug." She giggled and wrapped her arms around me. Her stomach was big now so I started calling our hugs squishy.

"Ouch!" She hissed, donning a pained expression.

"What happened?" I asked, worried.

"The baby is kicking me again, irritating me all day and night like its father." She muttered in annoyance. I chuckled and kept my hand on her stomach, feeling the kick.

It was like the baby conveyed with us through kicks. Every time the baby kicked and I placed my hand over Khush's stomach, I felt emotional and overwhelmed.

"We love you, too," I whispered softly. She smiled knowing that I was talking to our baby again.

"Adi."

"Hmmm."

"Happy anniversary," Khush said, kissing both my cheeks.

"You remembered?" I asked in disbelief. Since she had been preoccupied because of the pregnancy, I didn't expect her to remember our anniversary. I wanted to wish her at night but she was sleeping properly after two days and I didn't want to disturb her sleep.

"Of course, I remember. How can I forget the most beautiful day of my life? It was our marriage. I would never forget it. I am sorry I slept early last night. I had thought that I would wish you at 12 and I tried keeping myself awake but I was tired so I slept. Sorry." She said, holding her ears.

"It doesn't matter when we wish each other. Our first anniversary is even more special because of our little one. Happy anniversary, my love." I smiled and kissed her soft lips slowly. It was still like day one. The butterflies were still there, fluttering in my stomach at the joy of kissing my soulmate. I pulled back, trying to catch my breath and looked at her. She was looking radiant, her eyes still the same - displaying her emotions, her lips plump and kissable, her cheeks have turned chubby but her beauty and glow have increased multiple times.