6. First date

Khushi

A month passed after mine and Adi's alliance got fixed and in this one month, we got quite close to each other. We talked every day for the past month and shared our feelings. We were also well adjusted to each other's routines by now. We have met a couple of times after that but it was always with our families during shopping. During all our interactions and conversations, he behaved like a true prince charming, always making witty remarks to make me laugh and trying to help me accommodate. His only motive was to make me feel as comfortable as possible.

I think I was already in love with him. As the days progressed, I felt like I was moving towards something magical in my life. He is everything I ever desired - Honest, respecting, witty, caring and loving. I used to think that my dream man existed only in books but Adi proved me wrong. He is every ounce of my dream guy.

I have become so habitual of talking to him that it has practically become a part of my routine now. Our engagement is just a week away and the guests have started to arrive. I have started to get more and more nervous with each passing day.

And above all this, I am getting restless because Adi didn't call me today. I didn't want to be one of those nagging girlfriends who interrupted their boyfriends during work so I didn't call him. Amidst my restlessness, my phone started to ring and it was finally Adi's call. His number is saved on my phone as 'first bf' because we started calling each other boyfriend-girlfriend in the very first week of our interaction. Yeah, we are moving that fast.

I smiled in relief and picked up his call.

"Hello, where were you? I was waiting for the whole day." I spoke before he could even mutter a greeting. I sounded so desperate. I kept a hand on my mouth and muttered colourful words under my breath.

"Hello to you, too. I see that I was missed today. You, my gorgeous, have made my day. And I had an important meeting today so I couldn't call you before. At least, something good came out of it. Hmm, you missed me, Huh?"

"I didn't say I missed you. I said I was waiting for the call. There is a huge difference between the two statements."

"There is not. But, whatever. Now the truth is out, you can't change your words. Anyway, I don't know about you but I missed you today. My day gets really bad if I don't hear your voice." I blushed at his statement.

"By the way, what were you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing. I was free." I said shrugging.

"Yeah, I forgot. You were missing me." He said playfully.

"Adi!!!"

"What? It's the truth. Ok, how about I make it up to you for not calling you early on?"

"Hmm. And how are you gonna do that?"

"Are you underestimating me, Ms Bansal? Because you don't know, I am capable of a lot of things." He said arrogantly, leaving me giggling.

"Ohhhh! I didn't know that, Mr Aggarwal. But you have my attention so what are you gonna do to make me happy?"

"Go out on a date with me?" He asked so suddenly that I was stunned. Did he actually ask me out or Did I hear it wrong?

"Khush, Would you go on a date with me?" He asked again.

I came out of my initial shock and answered him shyly, "Yes, I would love to,"

"Okay then. Be ready tomorrow at sharp 10:00 a.m. I will pick you. See ya. Bye." Saying this he hung up the phone without even listening to anything else. I have never been asked out on a date before. I didn't know how it even felt until now. Wow! My first date!