10. It's the day!!

Aditya

The sun rays fell right at my eyes and my sleep got disturbed. That made me realise that Khush and I were in the garden. I laid to my side, resting my head over my hands and just stared at the beautiful girl sleeping beside me soundly, the girl who changed my life forever. So much so, that I couldn't imagine it without her anymore.

She was looking so peaceful in her sleep. I thought I would never be able to erase the troubled face of Khushi from the other day but after last night, I think I would love to replace that one with a calm and peaceful Khush. I felt fortunate to actually hold her in my arms.

I kept looking at her sleeping form, snuggled in my arms. I didn't want to wake her up but it was already morning and she had to wake everyone up to rectify the mischief Swasti did last night. I kissed her forehead fondly to wake her up. She mumbled something in her sleep and snuggled closer to me to avoid the sunlight falling on her eyes. Suddenly, I could see glimpses of our future together. Every morning would be this beautiful and peaceful when we both get married.

"Wake up, sweetheart. It's morning." I whispered in her ear. She smiled still in her dreamy state.

"Umm, beautiful." She mumbled in her sleep, making me chuckle. I nudged her softly and kissed her forehead again. She opened her eyes yawning and stretching her arms. When her eyes met mine, she smiled shyly.

"Good morning." She said sweetly. I pecked her lips, unable to control my emotions. She shied away.

"Good morning. I am sorry but we need to get up, everyone will wake up soon." She nodded hastily and we both cleared the whole garden. She picked all the photos and collected them in a sachet for herself, smiling. We both were stealing glances at each other. Something changed between us after last night and it was a good change.

"What is the time, Adi?" She asked me sitting on the blanket, tying her hair in a bun.

"It's seven. Why do you ask?" Her whole demeanour changed.

"Shoot! Everyone must be awake by now, if they see us, we will be in huge trouble. We need to sneak inside as fast as possible. I'll call Swasti." She scrambled up from the blanket and started finding her phone.

"Relax. No one is awake." I kept my hands on her face. She relaxed under my touch.

"I know for a fact that no one in your family is going to wake up till you go and wake them up yourself."

"Why are you saying that? My parents are generally awake by six," Khushi asked confused and I started laughing.

"What's there to laugh?" She was totally confused about my behaviour.

"You see, your sweet sister Swasti and your friends wanted everyone to have a good nights sleep and clear our way so they added a sleeping tablet in everyone's milk last night. Everyone is sleeping like a log." I said between my laughs. Her eyes went wide and she stood there with an open mouth.

"They did what? Tell me you are joking." She was stunned. I shook my head at her question and she busted out laughing.

"Oh my God! I am sure this was Swasti's idea. These kinds of ideas come into her mind only. From the bizarre explanation too, I can imagine it's Swasti only. Only she has guts to do that." Khushi said after calming down.