31. Check

Khushi

"Beautiful!" Only one word came to my mouth when I saw the beautiful house in front of me. It was more like an estate. There was a beautiful lawn, bigger than the one in our house in Delhi. There were so many flowers in the garden and I couldn't even name half of them. Their fragrance was mixed with the fresh cold air and it made everything even more beautiful. On the right, there was a marble fountain sitting in the middle of the lawn. The water spurted from the peak and fell gently into the crystal clear blue pool beneath it causing the water to undulate and wave out.

"Mom loves fountains. She made it clear to dad that she wants a fountain on the lawn. She even wanted an angel with an arrow on the top. Dad convinced her of a simple one. She gets a bit dramatic with the interiors." I chuckled along with him. Angel fountain would have made it really clichè. I snuggled more into my jacket as the cold wind blew past me.

"Loving the weather, I see!" Adi commented as he saw me wrapping myself more in my jacket.

"Yeah. It's a bit cold out here." I told him blowing air at my palms and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I wonder what will be your reaction when it snows? You will probably end up being snuggled in your comforter till it passes." He remarked with a chuckle.

"Are you kidding me? I have never seen snow in my life. I will dance madly when it snows, even if I fall sick."

"You have never seen snow?" I shook my head and he just looked at me with an open mouth.

"Ok. Then I guess we are ticking a lot of things out of your bucket list throughout our trip here in London." I smiled at his loving gesture. I admire that he cares - cares for whatever I dream of and whatever I think. He always just smiled at my childish behaviour, never berated me for it.

"Come on, let's get you inside and treat you with a cup of hot chocolate." He muttered smiling.

"I never refuse a yummy cup of hot chocolate," I replied with a giggle and we both walked to the entrance of the house, holding hands.

A young boy in his late teens opened the door for us and Adi introduced me to him. His name was Will, son of the caretaker of the house. We walked inside and my jaw dropped to the ground, looking at the grandeur of the interior. If the garden was beautiful, then the house was beyond description for me. It would be incivility to call it a house because it looked more like a mansion.

"Like it?" Adi asked grinning at me.

"Absolutely love it," I muttered with a smile that was not leaving my face.

"This is... this is incredible. I mean I don't even know how to put it in words." I replied astonished, looking around the place in awe. If anyone looked at the estate from the outside, they would end up judging it to be made with Victorian architecture but once they would enter inside, they would only find modern architecture.
A long wide staircase showing upstairs with family pictures hung artistically on the beautifully printed walls on its sides, the extravagantly stylish wooden floors and the interior, I only ever saw in home decor magazines.

I was busy admiring the interior while Adi made hot chocolate for both of us and told me stories about his childhood in the house. After drinking hot chocolate, we both went upstairs. He told me about every picture on our way. Pictures from his childhood to his college with friends and family were hung on the walls. I felt as if I was looking at his childhood and him growing up, he looked so adorable even then.

"Come, I want to show you something special." He whispered in my ears and covered my eyes with his palms.

"What?" I asked frowning a little in confusion.