18. Beautiful life

Aditya

I lifted her from her seat carefully and sat her in my lap. She stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes just a little bit.

"It's nothing. Go back to sleep," I whispered to her and she closed her eyes again. She was sleeping like a baby, cuddling with me. I couldn't believe she was mine now, my wife - Mrs Khushi Aditya Aggarwal. With her beside me, my life would be beautiful.

I caressed her hair and kissed the corner of her mouth. We reached the airport and I realised that I was looking at her the whole ride.

"Khush, wake up. We have reached the airport. Come on. Sleep after reaching home." I said kissing her forehead. She stirred and mumbled an okay while rubbing her eyes. After adjusting to her surroundings, she smiled at me and moved away from my lap. We met everyone and walked towards the tarmac. Khush looked at me questioningly.

"Where are we going? Aren't we supposed to go to that side?" She asked perplexed. I just smiled and took her hand in mine.

"Won't we miss our flight?" She asked mom. Mom raised an eyebrow at me but I gestured to her to not say anything so she just shrugged her shoulders in response. As we reached the runway, Khushi's eyes went wide.

"You guys own a private jet too. You got to be kidding with me." She said with an open mouth. I chuckled at her expressions.

"Why do you think we are still wearing our heavy wedding outfits? Surely we won't go like this on a public flight." I said pointing towards our outfits.

"And Khushi, everything which belonged to us is yours now because you are our family," Dad told her smiling widely.

"I guess I need time to process the fact that I am married in The Aggarwal family." She said chuckling nervously.
I kept my palms on her face and kissed her forehead. She looked at me with gratitude and smiled. Akriti and Rishi raced until inside the plane. They both still had so much energy and we all were just swaying from lack of sleep.

I picked up Khushi in my arms and she gasped. Everyone chuckled.

"Adi, what are you doing? Put me down." Khush scolded me, looking here and there at our relatives.

"I am just carrying my wife over the threshold. Pretty sure, it is a ritual." I said chuckling.

"And, I am pretty sure, it is not our ritual. Everyone is looking. Please put me down." I shook my head at her and she was red in embarrassment as I took her inside in my arms with everyone in the family gaping at us.

Once we went inside, I seated her on one of the seats and tied her seatbelt securely.

"Everyone was looking at us." She hissed at me.

"So? You are my wife." I said shrugging.

"You are a hopeless case." She said and looked away from me, taking in her surroundings. She was looking at everything in awe. The way she saw things made me want to see everything in the new light, from her perspective.

Everyone joined us on the plane and took their seats. Some of my relatives sent teasing smirks my way at the act I just pulled, picking Khushi in my arms.

Once the flight took off, Khushi immediately undid her belt. I shook my head at her and face-palmed myself.

"What? It was irritating. I am already tied under such heavy clothes and jewellery." She muttered uncomfortably. She was looking very tired and mom noticed it too.

"Do you want to rest for a while, Khushu? There is a room inside, you can go there." Mom asked her, looking concerned.

"There is a room here, too? Why am I not surprised?" Khush muttered under her breath but I heard it. I couldn't help but notice the discomfort in her tone.