38. Only yours

Khushi

I woke up with a jolt and trembled, remembering the nightmare I had. It felt so real. Tears sprang from my eyes and I clutched myself tightly in fear. No one was there in the room but I needed Adi right away. Adi came from the washroom with a towel in his hand. He scurried to me when he saw me crying. I threw myself in his arms, breathing heavily.

"I...it was so real. Y...you weren't wit...with me." I cried and told him about my nightmare.

"Shh... It's okay, my love. I am with you. No one is coming. We are together." He ran his fingers in my hair and kept murmuring sweet nothings in my ear. I found myself calming down in his arms.

"When will I forget this, Adi?" I asked, holding his t-shirt in my fist.

"We will make millions of new memories and they will replace this bad one."

"Do you promise?" I asked holding out my hand to him. He smiled and held it tightly.

"I promise." I finally smiled and hugged him again.

"I love you, so much. Is there any other word by which I could express how much you mean to me?" I mumbled from his chest.

"Even if there was, I don't need to hear it because I know what I mean to you, baby." He answered, kissing my hair.

"You are sleeping in the hospital bed with me for so many days. I always trouble you." I said, feeling guilty about it.

"I can't sleep without you and you know it. I won't let you vanish from my eyes even for a minute now." He said, planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

"But you sleep so uncomfortably here," I said, pulling away.

"Who said that? I sleep perfectly well with you in my arms. I have the best sleep." He said, smiling at me.

"But, it has been four days, I have been in here. I want to go home. I am completely recovered." I whined and he chuckled.

"Oh, now we are coming to the point, huh? The real problem is that madam wants to go home. Don't worry, I will talk to mom." He teased me.

"Adi!" I chided.

"We are not getting you discharged yet. Your foot is still swollen, it needs at least one more week to recover. And don't let me start on your other bruises."

"But my bruises are fading away. See, see. My head looks fine now." I said, showing him my forehead.

"Ok. Ok. I will talk to mom. Alright?" He said, finally giving up.

"Yes. Only you love me. Rest everyone has been going on and on about how careless I am. I can't believe mamma scolded me for getting kidnapped. Now, that is also my mistake." I huffed. He ruffled my hair lovingly.

"Baby, your parents love you so much. You are indispensable for all of us. Mamma was afraid when she got to know about the kidnapping. Her reaction was legitimate. From the past few days, everyone has been worried sick for you." He explained to me calmly.

"I know," I said, sadly looking down.

"It took nearly 24 hours for that drug to wear off. You can't imagine what I was feeling when you were writhing in pain on this bed." He said, looking away and fisting his hands. My heart went out to him. He had been blaming himself for my kidnapping and he had gone through so much pain for me these past few days.

"Hey, we are fine. Ok? Both of us." I whispered, turning his face towards me. He nodded and rested our foreheads together.

I was discharged the next day in the evening and there was a media frenzy outside the hospital. I got so scared, looking at people trying to take my pictures. Adi and his security took me to the car safely. I gasped for air sitting in the car.