11. My family

Khushi

Everyone came over to congratulate us after we exchanged rings. I felt goosebumps all over my body. The feeling of wearing his ring on my finger was beyond words. My parents hugged me with teary eyes. I wiped their eyes with my fingers and gestured them to smile. Everyone got busy talking and congratulating each other. Adi and I sat on our seats looking around at everyone talking happily. Dad joined us sometime later.

"Adi, Khushi, as you guys have met everyone, go and eat your dinner. You guys must be hungry." Dad suggested.

"I also came to take them for dinner only," Bhabhi said joining us. I was not feeling hungry at all. I made a face at the name of dinner but bhabhi saw it.

"Don't make faces. You need to eat something. You didn't eat your lunch properly." She said in a stern voice.

"Fine," I whined like a child making both Dad and Adi chuckle. It was not new for bhabhi. She knew how I threw tantrums sometimes. Adi and I went towards the dining area holding hands.

"I am seriously not hungry at all otherwise you know it, how I attack food," I told him.

"At least have something. Ok, we will eat something of your choice. Please." Adi said making an irresistible puppy face. I nodded at him in defeat. How to resist that adorable face?

We got some food on our plate and chose an empty table to eat at. I picked up my spoon to eat but he stopped me midway.

"Leave it. I will feed you." He said smiling and my heart was filled. I felt so loved. All these small gestures of his strengthened our relationship and made me fall in love with him even more.

He brought the spoon to my mouth and fed me lovingly. Unknowingly, a tear rolled out of my eyes. The situation suddenly overwhelmed me as if I wasn't able to believe that so many good things were happening to me. When Adi saw me crying, he got startled.

"What happened?" He asked concerned.

"Nothing at all. I don't know how these tears came all of a sudden." He wiped my tears away gently.

"Let's go." He stood up and held out his hand to me.

"Where?" I asked holding his hand.

"Trust me. Come. Where is the room which is booked for you?" He asked and I took him upstairs to my room. He locked the door and hugged me tightly.

"Cry as much as you want." He said to me and wrapped his arms around me. I sniffled on his shoulder for some time. He started swaying us in between and it was actually calming.

"What made you cry?" He asked still hugging me.

"I don't know." I sniffled.

"Come on, share everything with me." He whispered.

"I just felt overwhelmed with all the happiness. Honestly, I am still in a daze that this is all real and not a dream. I never thought I would ever meet a guy like you. I thought I was not deserving enough to get a guy so loving and caring. You are like a miracle to me. You are handsome, smart, witty, respecting and above all you make me so happy. Sometimes, I feel like I am not good enough for you. That you deserve someone better." I muttered looking down.

"Amid all the happiness, your brain was weirding you out." He tipped my chin up with his fingers. I was still not meeting his eyes.

"Look at me, love." He murmured and I finally looked up. He had so much love in his eyes. It made me tear up more. What did I do right to deserve this man?

"I can not deserve anyone better than you because there is no one else better than you. I can't think of loving or spending my life with anyone else anymore. It's too late to think of these thoughts, baby. I am too deep into this, you can't just pull me out now."