25. First fight and a concussion

Khushi

I felt someone nudging me, I woke up abruptly and looked here and there. Adi was staring at me with a hint of merriment in his eyes. I gave him a sheepish smile.

"I slept again?" He bobbed his head in a nod and lifted me to make me sit on his lap. I kept my head on his chest yawning while he caressed my hair.

"How was the meeting?" I asked, yawning again.

"It was good. Dad had to go out for another meeting so I had to attend this one. Not a major one though. It was just a department heads meeting. We conduct it every month to get feedback. Since there was a long break for me and dad during the wedding so now we are attending meetings back to back." He replied sighing loudly.

"Your work got so piled up. Don't worry, I will help you from Monday." I told him excitedly.

"Your help is highly welcomed, sweetheart." He kissed my jaw and leaned closer to my lips. This time as well, our moment was disturbed by his annoying secretary.

 This time as well, our moment was disturbed by his annoying secretary

"Sir... I am sorry but..." He interrupted her in between while I was trying to stifle my laughter at his reaction.

"Why can't you just knock on the door?" He asked annoyed.

"Sir, I knocked but you didn't listen. It was important so I came." She replied with a smirk directed toward me. I furrowed my eyebrows and glared at her in the challenge. She looked a bit taken aback but covered her expressions and fake smiled. Hmm, better.

"Yeah, whatever. What is so important now?" Adi asked her arrogantly. It was clear that she also had a thing for my husband. It was not a surprise because everyone seemed to have a thing for him.

"Sir, you have to attend one more meeting on behalf of Mr Aggarwal because he hasn't returned yet. His meeting has been extended due to unavoidable circumstances." Adi nodded at her reluctantly and asked her to leave.

"Ignore her. She joined one month ago. The old assistant is on leave. I am eagerly waiting for her to join back." I giggled at his expressions and pulled myself up from his lap.

"Mr Aggarwal means, dad. Then what do they call you? Junior Aggarwal?" I asked chuckling.

"Yeah, haha very funny. They call me, Mr Aditya." He replied grumpily.

"Please, Adi. It's okay. You have a meeting, go attend it. Don't be a grumpy grandpa now."

"Did you just call me a grumpy grandpa?" He asked with a scowl.

"Yes, I did. Because you are behaving like one." I replied poking my tongue out at him.

"Here I am upset that I am not able to give you enough time and you are doing these annoying things. You know what? Let it be. I don't care if you are here or not." He yelled at me and exited the cabin.