5. Will you be my girl?

Khushi

After Aditya and his family left, everyone in my family circled me to ask about Aditya. All of a sudden, I became everyone's target. They were laughing at me because I was blushing so much. After dinner, I escaped my crazy family and ran away to my room.

I was sprawled on my bed, grinning like an idiot, thinking about Aditya when my phone pinged with a notification. As I opened it, my face brightened because it was a message from Aditya. I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach. Aww! He is taking the initiative to start our conversation. I didn't want to look desperate so I decide to reply to him after 2 minutes.

I had never conversed with boys over the phone before. I used to talk to boys in college but they were just classmates, not even friends. This is new for me, it made me terrified and excited at the same time. Like never having a boyfriend before and suddenly now I have a fiancé. Although I am confused now whether he is my boyfriend or my fiancé.

"Hey." I texted back after exactly two minutes.

"I hope I didn't disturb you." His reply came quickly.

"No, not at all. I was just reading a book." I lied smoothly. I couldn't possibly tell him that I was thinking about him only.

"Oh! Do you love reading books? I love reading books as well. What is your favourite genre?"

"Yeah, I love reading. I like all genres. It's someone's hard work, who am I to not like."

"Hmm. Good thinking😊" He replied with a smiling emoji.

"I think your favourite genre is non-fiction, business books. You have that vibe." I typed fastly and pressed the send button. I couldn't picture him as a romance genre type of person. But after I had texted him, I felt like I am being judgemental.

"This is where you are the wrong, missy. I agree I read Adam Grant and Taylor Pearson but I have read Jane Austen too. I love all genres of books." I grinned at his response.

Oh! nerdy features, Just the kind of guy I like. I imagined him wearing reading glasses and giggled. He would look even hotter.

"Sorry for being judgemental but you don't look like a guy reading romantic books." I typed quickly.

"Looks can be deceptive too. I hope I proved it." I wondered if it was considered flirting. I couldn't stop smiling and my face felt hot.

"Can I call?" He asked and I thought for a minute before replying.

"Okay." My phone started ringing within a minute. I picked it up nervously.

"Hello," I mumbled nervously.

"Hey." We both stayed silent for a moment.

"You wan...ted to t...talk?" I stammered in nervousness.

"Yeah. I wanted to say something, Khush. Is it ok if I call you Khush? Khush comes out easy, I guess." I reckoned that he was making excuses to just call me by my nickname. My name was already short, there was nothing difficult in it in the first place.

"Yeah. It's ok. You can call me Khush. My friends call me Khush too."

"Oh ok. I hope you are not upset with me because I hid the fact of me being the owner of Rayson's Ltd. when you told me about the job. I was just trying to have a normal conversation. Because you didn't know my identity, our conversation was so good. I didn't want to spoil it." I was so happy that he clarified the issue. For a second, I did think that he lied to me purposely but now the issue was cleared.