27. First day at the office

Khushi

I woke up smiling and rubbed my eyes. It was my first day at the office. For the first time in my life, Monday felt good. Adi's side of the bed was empty, I yawned and stretched my arms. I picked up my phone from the table to see the time, it was 8:00 a.m. I had only an hour left to get ready to go to the office. I started running around the room, cursing at myself for not setting the alarm.

Why did Adi not wake me up? Stupid him and stupid me. I rushed towards the washroom and brushed my teeth hastily. When I came back, Adi was in the room, talking on the phone to someone. He was already dressed for the office in his black suit and shiny shoes.

I had no time to check out my hot husband and drool over him like I did every day so I ran to my closet to see what I was going to wear for my first day but looking at so many clothes, I got a headache

The only person whose name came to my mind to help me choose my outfit was Mom. I scurried to mom's room pushing past Adi on my way who was smiling at me trying to say something. I was sure I heard him curse Wtf after I ran past him.

"Mom." I went to mom's room calling out her name.

"Hey, hey! Slow down there tiger. What happened? Why are you in so much hurry?"

"Mom, it's my first day at the office. Help me choose the outfit. I am very confused and already late. Your son didn't even wake me up." I rambled without a break. She face-palmed at me.

"Seriously. You are whining like a child for an outfit. And it's your office, you can go anytime."

"No. I am a regular employee. I want to follow all the rules and I want the same treatment."

"Ok, miss goody two shoes. Come, I will help you." She pulled me along with herself to my room.

Adi tried to talk to me once again but I just gave him a look and went away ignoring him completely. Mom and I searched for a proper dress for me. She passed me a lot of dresses but I didn't find any suitable one. After a lot of hassle, she finally passed me an outfit of my type. A formal white shirt with black stripes on it along with black ankle-length pants. Exactly the outfit I wanted to wear on my first day at the office.