23. Love and care

Khushi

I pounced on Adi's back as soon as we left the tattoo parlour. He made me so happy by fulfilling my dream. My man's the best.

"I love you." He laughed at my ardency and held me properly.

"I got a tattoo!" I exclaimed happily and kissed his cheek from behind

"I got a tattoo!" I exclaimed happily and kissed his cheek from behind. He laughed along with me and gave me a piggyback ride to our car. Dropping me back to my feet, he immediately pulled me towards himself. I stood with the support of the car door while he held me from my waist.

He leaned closer to my face and I fisted his jacket in my hand.

"Adi, People are looking at us," I said breathing heavily as I saw a man clicking our picture.

"Oh! Now people are looking. When you were doing PDA, no one was looking but now I am doing it, so people got interested. Hmm, baby?" He whispered in my ear and nuzzled his nose in my hair.

"Umm, please Adi. Let's go home." I whispered controlling my breathing. He kissed me slowly on the cheek, making me weak in my knees at his touch.

"We will finish this incomplete business after going home." He whispered trailing his thumb over my lips.

"Shall we?" I nodded blushing profusely. He opened the car door for me and we went back to our home. We kept stealing glances at each other in the car but none of us spoke a word.

We went home and Adi started kissing me even before I could step out of the car. Needless to say, he did finish our business after that. We spent the rest of the day lazing around in our room.

In the late afternoon, I received Mamma's call to inform me about the
Pagphere, the final ritual where I was supposed to stay with my parents for a few days and Adi would pick me up from there after 3-4 days. I didn't inform Adi about it because he was going to get upset over it.

When mom and dad came in the evening from their work, they asked me so many questions about my health. I felt so relieved that they didn't judge me for getting drunk. After that, I showed my tattoo to them excitedly.

"Oh! This is beautiful. But your skin is so red. Is it aching?" Mom asked in concern.

"No, mom. It's fine." She nodded caressing my wrist lovingly. I was overwhelmed by the love of my in-laws. I always wanted to get married in a family where I was treated like a daughter because I have seen that in my family too. I understood it quite well that not every in-laws were great but I was one of the few lucky girls who got the good ones.

While we were having dinner, mom initiated the topic of my last ritual.

"Khushi, did Swati call you about the last ritual? When is Ashish coming?" I got nervous at her question.

"Yes, mom. Mamma said that bhai and bhabhi will be here at about 11:00 a.m tomorrow."

"Oh, bhai and bhabhi are coming to meet us tomorrow. Great." Adi said with a smile. Mom looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I smiled sheepishly at her and she smiled in understanding.