7. First bf

Khushi

After spending the best day ever with Adi, I fell for him even more. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and I didn't want to change anything in my life right now. I moved my fingers over the beautiful pendant that Adi gifted me, it was so meaningful. I couldn't believe that he put so much thought into buying a gift for me. It was indeed the best day of my life so far. I dozed off thinking about the events of our date.

The next day when I woke up, bhabhi informed me that the relatives from both my mother's and father's side were going to arrive. I was excited to meet some people and sad to see some annoying faces. The saddest part was that I didn't have grandparents on both sides of my family because they died a few years ago.

On my mother's side, I have two aunts and one uncle. My uncle (mama) has two kids; a boy, Kanav who was in 12th standard and a girl, Nitya who was already finished with her studies. Nitya didn't believe in the concept of working hard so she was currently unemployed. She wasn't married either because according to her, no one had been able to match her standards yet.

One of my aunts (masi) has two kids, both of whom were my favourite. A daughter, Swasti who was almost the same age as me and happened to be a nutritionist. She was engaged to her high school sweetheart, to be married next year. My aunt also has one coolest son, Shubh who was 20 years old and was now in college. He had to stay in college because of his final exams and so he was coming directly on my engagement day. I was really sad about it because we were very tight-knit.

My other aunt has one daughter, Raisha. Raisha was 25 years old and was already married but she stayed at Masi's place more than her in-laws' place because apparently, she wasn't able to stand her mother-in-law. Raisha's husband stayed abroad most of the time for his work. She was happy though because he always brought expensive gifts for her.

Raisha and Nitya were my biggest bullies in childhood. Being my older sisters, they were supposed to love me and protect me but rather they chose to make my life miserable. I never said a word against them but their behaviour towards me was cruel and downright manipulative. I might have grown up now and I might have detached myself from their cruelties, but I could never forget the things they did to me.

______

On my father's side, I have only one uncle. He lived in the same city so he was already present in the wedding festivities. He was also there when Adi and his parents came to meet us for the first time.

I was waiting for everyone's arrival. Bhai, bhabhi and I were eating our breakfast where she was teasing me for my date while Bhai was chuckling at my expense. Bhabhi took a complete week's break from her work for my engagement and I was very happy.

"You guys catch up, I will go see some arrangements." Bhai left us to ourselves and bhabhi got the chance to tease me again.

"You are so happy today? Aditya proposed or what?" She asked playfully nudging my shoulder.

"Oh please, bhabhi. Stop teasing me already. Adi never said that he loves me. He just cares for me."

"Whatever floats your boat. I know he loves you. I can see it in his eyes. If you don't believe me, let me ask him. Wait! I will call him right now." She pulled out her phone to call him.

"Bhaaabhhiii!!!" I shouted horrified. She started laughing and promised not to tease me again.

Later in the afternoon, our guests started to arrive. I greeted all the elders and took their blessings. Swasti came running to me from the door and launched herself in my arms.

"I missed you so much. I am so so excited about your engagement. We have to go shopping. There are so many things left. Omg! " She started rambling enthusiastically. Raisha and Nitya rolled their eyes at our exchange. I ignored them completely.