40. Kiss under the stars

Aditya

We ended up spending more than a week in Khushi's hometown with her family. Maa made bhabhi's and my favourite foods every day and fed us with her own hands, annoying Ashish bhai and Khush. It was so funny looking at their expressions every time they were ignored. Maa was giving them a silent treatment for hiding things from her. Papa also gave them the silent treatment for two days but after that, he couldn't take it anymore.

We returned two days ago and I was already planning another trip. I woke up and saw Khushi arranging her clothes in the closet smiling to herself, lost in her own thoughts. I just stood there leaning at the door admiring her for some time. Then, I slowly tiptoed towards her and wrapped my arms around her stomach. She immediately responded to my touch and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Good morning. Where are you lost?" I asked tenderly kissing her temple from behind.

"Good morning. Maybe I was thinking about you." She replied beaming at me, making my heart swoon.

"Honoured," I said, making her giggle.

"I got a call from Mihir last night. You were asleep so I couldn't tell you. They invited us to a beach party in Mumbai." I mumbled, snuggling into her neck.

"A beach party? I have never been to one." She replied, excitedly.

"Yeah. It would be an exciting thing. I haven't given my answer to them yet. But if you yes, I will tell them."

"I'd love to go but Nia would be there, too. I don't want to create a scene again." Her face fell and sadness clouded her features.

"Hey, don't stress over it. I got that covered. Samreet said that Nia got her lesson last time. So I don't think she will trouble us anymore. If you want to go, we will go."

"Really? Then it's cool. I am excited to go. When are we going? Did you ask mom and dad? Did they say yes?" She started firing questions right away.

"Calm down, my tiger. So many questions?" She smiled sheepishly.

"I am just excited. And you know I start ranting when I am excited." She said, giggling.

"You look so cute." I cooed at her which made her blush. This girl!

"It's this weekend. We will go on Friday. And mom-dad permitted, obviously." She jumped excitedly and threw her arms around me.

"Yay! I am going to a beach party." She shouted jumping and dancing madly. I chuckled at her cute antics.

"It's just Tuesday. We need to go to the office, for now, buddy." I said ruffling her hair. After getting ready and eating our breakfast, we went to the office.

We both were really busy throughout the day and didn't even get a chance to have lunch together. Someone knocked at the door and I muttered an annoyed 'come in'.

"Still not done?" Khush asked poking her head from the door. I looked up at her and smiled lazily. Her smile was enough to remove my tiredness.

She came towards me and sat on my lap. I snuggled my face in her neck and she started running her fingers in my hair. I moaned in relaxation.