28. Forgiveness

Khushi

If I deduct those parts of my day where I overheard those two women calling me ugly and undeserving, I would say my first day in the office was very productive and worth remembering. The fact that I was getting to do a job in a company which was the best in our country and abroad, was an honour and a great opportunity for me.

It had been a few days that I started working in the office. I have got the hang of my job and the office as well. I was now familiar with all the people on my floor. Some of them were genuinely good to me while some just pretended to be good to me because I was their boss's wife. The one who apparently hated me the most in the office was Adi's secretary, Maya. She happened to be a pain in my rear but I survived her nonchalance because I wanted to stay away from the office politics. She, however, was a different case altogether. She pretended to be sugary sweet to me in front of Adi but when he was not around, she behaved like I was her servant. I stayed away from her because I was there to learn, not to indulge in childish tricks. 

I was sitting at my desk preparing the report for the hotel project in which I was assisting Adi. He was having a meeting with the landowner tomorrow where he needed to be at his best. It was a very big opportunity for me to learn new things and I didn't want to let anything spoil it. Because of the office work, we both were very busy. New projects kept lining up and our way of spending time with each other was discussing reports and having lunch.

Adi however, always found a way to steal a few romantic moments for us. He would start kissing me in the middle of our discussions or sometimes he would call me for some unimportant work to steal some kisses.

"Aditya sir told you to read these files and send a report to the finance department and yes, get the signature of their department head too." Maya barged into my office and left after ordering me like she was my boss. Wow! I feel your love.

I groaned and started reading the files and preparing a report on them. I looked at the time and it was 1:00 p.m. Generally, Adi always came to take me for lunch but he didn't come today so I went to his cabin and knocked on the door. He didn't respond so I went inside to see the most adorable sight in front of me. He was sleeping with his head rested on the table.

I removed my sandals by the door to avoid their clicking noise and walked towards him without creating any noise. We hardly got any time with each other for the past two days. There was so much work that he had very less sleep. It was half-past lunchtime when I decided to wake him up. No matter how adorable he was looking but we had work to do and he needed to eat lunch for that.

"Adi, wake up," I whispered running my fingers in his hair and bending down, kissed his forehead. He stirred and slowly opened his eyes. I smiled at him.

"Wake up sleepy head, it's 2:00 p.m. We need to eat lunch," He smiled looking at me.

"I didn't realise when I fell asleep. For how much time I had been out?" He asked rubbing his eyes.

"I don't know. When I came, you were fast asleep." He nodded and pulled me onto his lap making me squeal in surprise.

"Hmm. Why didn't you wake me up then?" He asked snuggling into my neck lazily.

"You were working till late last night, I didn't want to disturb you."

"Hmm."

"Adi, I am famished," I told him and just then my stupid stomach growled, making me embarrassed in front of my husband. My cheeks were on fire with embarrassment so I hid my face in my palms. He chuckled and pulled my hands away from my face.

"Seems like, I kept you waiting for long, my love. Let's go feed your stomach some good food." He picked me up in his arms and walked out of his office.