26. Take a picture, baby

Aditya

She slept holding my hand and keeping her head on my lap. I kept looking at her while she slept soundly. She was in a very deep slumber. The medicines were high dosed, they made her sleep peacefully. I caressed her face with my hands and looked at her bandaged forehead.

Mom dad came to the room to check on her.

"She just slept," I whispered. They both nodded. I carefully placed her head on the pillow and freeing my hand from hers, I went outside with my parents.

"Is she alright, mom?"

"Yes, she is fine. She will be discharged tomorrow. The wound will take a few days to heal but don't worry, she is very strong."

"She told me about her conversation with that idiot Alisha. I feel like strangling that girl with my own hands. I am filing a case against her. She should bear the consequences of her childishness."

"Adi, don't be so cruel. I have just talked to her parents. They are very ashamed of what their daughter did. They were begging me for forgiveness. We should not do anything for their sake." Dad spoke sternly. I gritted my teeth.

"And I scolded her big time. She was scared to death when she saw me with Khushi. I gave her a good lesson. She won't even think of ever harming my daughter."

"We will discuss this later."

"Adi, keep waking her up every hour and ask her basic questions, just to be cautious. She had a concussion."

"Ok, mom. You guys go home and take some rest. Please send some of the clothes and other things for both of us. I will stay with Khush." I told them.

"No, we won't go. I want to stay with her." Mom argued but after a lot of convincing, she left with dad.

I went back inside my wife's room and sat on the chair alongside her bed, holding her hand. after some time, a nurse brought the bag of clothes mom sent with the driver. I kept it on the table and woke Khushi up. I asked her a few questions and after that, she slept again. I kept waking her up every hour and asking her questions. Sometime later, I felt my eyes drooping and I slept.

I woke up abruptly and looked around, it was still dark outside. Glancing at the clock, I realised it was 6 in the morning which meant I slept for about half an hour. I looked at Khushi and she was fast asleep. My neck was aching from sleeping in a bad posture so I stood up and paced around in the room, doing stretches. After that, I took a quick shower in the adjoined bathroom and changed my clothes. Coming back to the room, I woke Khush again. She smiled when she saw me.

"Hi!" She murmured sleepily.

"Hi sweetheart, How do you feel?" I asked kissing her forehead. She closed her eyes yawning.

"Feeling better. When are we going home?" She asked groggily.

"Mom said you will be discharged today." She nodded smiling and extended her arms toward me. I smiled stepping forward and hugged her. She pressed her cheek on my stomach wrapping her arms around my torso.

"You smell so nice." She whispered, making me chuckle.

"I just showered," I told her.

"I want to use the restroom," She whispered shyly. I was going to pick her up but she refused and rather chose to walk herself. Her knees wobbled when she took the first few steps with my support. I stood outside until she came out. She opened the door after finishing her business and was about to fall but I caught her in time.

"I feel dizzy." She slurred. I immediately picked her up in my arms and laid her down on the bed.

"I'll call someone," I pressed the bell and a nurse came inside to check on Khush.