35. Beautiful in white

Khushi

The last few days were like a dream. It was the most beautiful phase of my life and I would cherish it forever. Adi and I visited so many places every day, places which I had only ever seen in pictures before. He took me to different restaurants every day where we both tried various cuisines and coffees. Our days were spent roaming around London City and nights, making slow and passionate love to each other. I couldn't have asked for more.

It even started snowing a few days ago and as promised, I danced under the snow madly. I would never forget how Adi made love to me that night in front of the fireplace. It was just beyond my imagination, surreal would be the right word for it.

Today though, I was alone at home because Adi had to go to the office for an uncalled important meeting

Today though, I was alone at home because Adi had to go to the office for an uncalled important meeting. I was feeling something fishy from the past few days in his behaviour. He was getting a lot of calls and he always talked in a hushed tone over the phone.

My phone rang breaking the chain of my thoughts. Looking at the caller id, my mood automatically got uplifted.

"Adi, is your meeting over? When are you coming home? I miss you."

"Yes, my love. The meeting is over and that is why I called you. I will be home in a few minutes. You won't miss me then."

"And love, we have to attend a party today. It's very important."

"Okay. I will see you at home. I am waiting."

"Yes. I will be back soon. Bye."

After some time, Adi came back home. I jumped up from my seat and ran to hug him.

"Hey, sweetheart." He smiled kissing my forehead. My lips automatically quirked up in a smile.

"Hey! How was your day?" I asked wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Very tiring. Oh, before I forget. Here, this is your dress for the party." He said handing me a big and heavy dress bag.

"I have lots of dresses. You didn't need to bring it."

"I know but the theme of the party is a wedding. You wouldn't have anything for that." I frowned.

"A wedding theme for a party? Isn't it weird? Why would they make the wedding a theme for a party?"

"Y...yeah it's weird. Really weird. But it's one of my client's daughters and she is very much into the fancy stuff." He explained and chuckled nervously.

"Oh okay. I will go get ready. You also get ready otherwise we will be late."

"Take as much time as you want." He winked at me and went to get ready. I shrugged my shoulders and opened the dress bag carefully. The dress made me gasp and my eyes teared up.

 The dress made me gasp and my eyes teared up