42. Tantrums

Khushi

I have become really emotional lately, I start to cry at small things and it was worrying me a lot. Today also, I started to cry because I wanted chocolate-chip ice cream and there was not even a single ice cream tub left in the freezer. With God's grace, there was no one in the kitchen to witness my embarrassing outburst. Otherwise, I would have become a laughing stock for the household staff.

I couldn't sleep either, Adi was sound asleep beside me while I was just tossing and turning around on the bed. I was feeling irritated and the worst thing was that I didn't know why I was annoyed in the first place. I stood from the bed and went downstairs. There was a horrible silence in our house.

Duh! Khush it's 2 in the morning. Who would be awake at this hour lurking in the silent halls like you? People prefer to sleep at night unlike you. I scoffed at myself.

I went into the theatre room and started watching a movie. I started crying as the protagonist of the movie died. I was sobbing hard when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped in fear and screamed.

"Hey! Shhhh shhh it's me, Adi." He whispered keeping his palm on my mouth so that I don't end up shouting again. I relaxed instantly and started crying again badly.

"What happened? Why are you crying so much? Look at your condition. What have you done to yourself?" Adi frowned, looked at me, and pulled me in his arms.

"Sam died. He... he left her a...alone." I told him through my sobs.

"Who is Sam?" He asked wiping my tears with his fingers.

"The protagonist of the movie I was watching. They were finally going to be together but he died." Adi looked at me as if I had grown two heads.

"You are crying because of the movie?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah. It's so sad." I cried harder.

"Baby, It's just a movie. Nobody died in real life. Stop crying." He chuckled, still holding me in his arms. I felt so angry at his insolent attitude.

"How can you be so insensitive?" I yelled at him in anger and pushed him away.

"Why are you getting angry at this? It is just a movie." He asked in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me? You know what? Just don't talk to me right now. I need some space." I yelled in anger and went to our room. I calmed down after laying down on the bed.

What the hell did I just do? Why did I react like that? Ugh! I am going crazy. I am throwing stupid tantrums. Adi must be so mad at me right now. I think I am PMSing. My periods got delayed and maybe my PMS period got extended. This could be the only valid explanation for my super weird behavior. I reasoned with myself.

Adi came back to the room and laid down beside me. He pulled me into his arms and snuggled into my neck.

"I am so sorry, baby. I think I am PMSing. I didn't mean to shout. Please forgive me." I sniffled in his arms.

"It's okay, sweetheart. Did I say anything? No, right? Just relax your mind and go to sleep. Hmm?" He murmured. I nodded and closed my eyes, enjoying his warm presence beside me.