39. End of misery

Khushi

"Adi, wake up. Adi!!! Wake up!!!" I was trying to wake him up but he was not budging at all. He had his arm wrapped around my waist tightly and we were cuddling into each other on the bed. I smirked as I got an idea to wake him up. I started giving him kisses all over his face. His face brightened with a smile and he pulled me over himself, kissing me hard. I giggled over his lips.

"Now, you wake up, huh? Good morning," I whispered, planting a kiss on his chest.

"Umm, best morning ever." He replied snuggling into my neck, inhaling me deeply and dropping kisses over there.

"Adi, please. Adi... it's 8. What will my parents think? Mmm..." I tried to complete my sentence whilst moaning.

"Umm, let me enjoy my breakfast." He murmured, still kissing my skin. There was nothing stopping him afterwards.

______

I decided to apologize to my mother at the breakfast table. Whether it was my mistake or not, she was my mother and she had every right to scold me. Adi and I got ready after our hot morning make-out session and went for breakfast. Bhabhi gave me a teasing smirk and gestured towards my neck. I looked at it confused only to widen my eyes at the mark of a hickey there. I gulped and immediately covered it with my hair. Thankfully, nobody except for bhabhi noticed it and she was giggling at me silently. I pleaded to her through my eyes, she kept a hand on her mouth and nodded.

Mamma came with the food tray and placed it on the dining table. I stood up from my seat and walked towards her.

"Sorry, mamma. I won't do it again. Please don't be angry with me." I apologized, holding my ears and making a puppy face at her. She smiled and pulled me into her arms.

"I am sorry, too. I was overreacting, I know you were just joking." She smiled, kissing my forehead. I wish I was just joking. I scoffed from inside.

"Mamma, did you cry? Why are there bags under your eyes? Are you feeling alright?" I asked as I saw her tired eyes.

"I am fine, Khushu. I just didn't get enough sleep last night. Your dad was snoring loudly." She answered with a little laugh.

"Hey, I don't snore, alright," Dad defended himself while we chuckled.

"Ok ok, we agree you don't snore. Happy?" She told dad with a forced smile. Something was wrong with her. She was looking sad.

"Since everything is settled now, why don't we go visit your uncle aunty. They were missing you so much. It's been such a long time since you visited them. Let's give them a surprise." My mother suggested after a deep thought.

"Okay, we will go. I miss them as well." I agreed to her with a smile. I didn't want to go see Nitya but I didn't want to fight her on this either.

We decided to leave sometime after breakfast. Bhai and bhabhi were staying back since bhai had an important meeting and bhabhi didn't feel like travelling. Adi kept stealing glances of me while driving. It was impossible to not get lost in his intense stare. My mother cleared her throat at us while we were busy staring at each other. I turned bright red and couldn't gather the courage to look at my parents after that. They both chuckled at us while Adi just drove the car unaffected. He winked at me without my parent's notice. I glared at him and turned my face towards the window smiling shyly.

We reached my uncle's place and Adi went to park the car after dropping us. I went forward with my parents to surprise my uncle-aunt. Mami (aunt) opened the door and her face lighted up when she saw me. She embraced me in a warm hug.

"Oh, Sweetie! How are you?" She asked, kissing my forehead.

"I am fine, mami. How have you been and how is mamu? Is he home?" I started asking questions at the doorstep. She chuckled and welcomed us inside.