49. Epilogue

Aditya

"Hi." She opened her eyes and whispered softly.

"Hi," I replied kissing her forehead.

"For how much time have I been out?" She asked with a yawn.

"Just a few minutes, love," I murmured to her softly.

"Hmm." She hummed in response and cuddled herself with me. Even after so much time, I was still not tired of her cuddles.

"How come I always end up sleeping on the couch?" She asked looking up at me from the embrace. She was sleeping on the couch in my cabin before I had picked her up and laid her inside the room.

"That is a very tricky question," I muttered, stifling a laugh.

"Are you making fun of me, Mr Aggarwal?"

"Why would I, Mrs Aggarwal?" I asked faking horror. She giggled like a schoolgirl.

"You are such a..." I pulled her face closer to mine.

"I am such a...?" She blushed. It was amazing to see the way our closeness still affected us both.

"Tease." She finished saying.

"Am I?"

"Hmmm. A very big one." She answered closing her eyes.

"I will see what I can do about it," I murmured, nuzzling our noses together.

"Don't we have a meeting?" She whispered softly to me.

"Hmm, just a few seconds, please," I mumbled and then kissed her lips. She smiled and kissed me back.

"You distract me so much." She mumbled over my lips.

"I do?" I asked smirking. She blushed and hit me on my shoulder lightly.

"Come on. We will be late for the meeting." She said pushing me away.

"I don't understand why you work so much. It's your sixth month of pregnancy. At least take a break now. Please." I tried convincing her one more time.

"Don't start fussing again. I started coming to the office just a year ago and there too, I always brought Ayva along. I do this teeny-weeny work so that I don't feel useless and for that also you are complaining." She muttered pouting.

"Okay okay. Don't pout, otherwise, I won't mind skipping the meeting as well." She giggled.

"Ah! See, there is my favourite sound." I whispered tucking her hair behind her ear.

"You are so beautiful and you are such an amazing woman, Khush. You handle Ayva so lovingly. You handle office too and yet you always fulfil all your responsibilities towards our families as well. I am so so proud to be your husband." I said kissing her forehead.

"And I am so proud to be your wife. You love us all so much. And without you, I wouldn't be able to fulfil any of my responsibilities. The way you support me, is what every husband should do. And above all, you are an amazing father, Adi. Ayva is so lucky to have you." She replied emotionally. Her pregnancy hormones get so high sometimes. I wiped her tears with my thumb.

"Okay. Now enough with the praises and tears. We need to pick Ayva from school, too. It's her first day, she would be expecting us there. Let's finish this meeting and pick our baby from school." She nodded and we both left for the meeting. The meeting was wrapped within time and we had enough time to pick our daughter from school.

We waited at the doors of the pre-school for our little Ayva. She was not much of a fussy baby so she didn't cry at all in the morning when we dropped her at the school. Rather she was consoling her mommy who was crying like a 3-year-old on her first day at school. As the doors opened, little kids started to come out holding each other's hands. As soon as Ayva saw us, she left her friend's hand and ran to us. Khushi bent to her level as Ayva launched herself at her.