22. You are my pride

Khushi

I woke up with a jolt and held my head, rubbing my temples to ease out the pain I was feeling. What's wrong with me? My head pounded so badly. Argh!

I looked around the room to see no one in there. I stood up and went to the washroom. Damn! I looked like a mess. My eyes were drowsy and my hair was a bird's nest. I was wearing my pyjamas. When did I change into my pyjamas? Ugh! Why couldn't I remember anything?

I held my head and brushed my teeth with a snail-like speed. I washed my face to feel better but it was useless. I went back to the room to see Adi standing on the balcony, talking on his phone.

"She insulted us by doing that. Yeah, it was so embarrassing, bro. What was she even thinking?" He said angrily. I went numb at his words. What did I do last night? Did I embarrass him?

Tears started pouring out of my eyes. Adi turned around still talking over the phone and saw me crying. He frowned.

"I will call you back, Abhi." He hung up the call and immediately came to me.

"What happened, baby? Why are you crying? Look at me. Tell me what happened?" He asked concerned. I was an embarrassment to him and he was still caring for me. It made me cry even more.

"Adi, I... I am so sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you in front of your friends. I don't even remember what happened last night, please tell me what did I do. I am so sorry. I know I messed up everything. I am so sorry." I kept crying and repeating sorry to him. He hugged me tightly while I cried on his shoulder.

"You didn't do anything, sweetheart. You are not an embarrassment. Please stop saying sorry." He caressed my back lovingly.

"You... you we...were saying on the phone that I embarrassed you. I didn't mean to." I cried fisting his shirt in my hands.

"Look at me." I didn't oblige so he said in an even softer tone.

"Please." I looked at him and concern was etched over his face. He kept his palms on my face and wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"Don't cry please, baby. I don't like to see you crying. I was talking about someone else, not you, sweetheart. You can never be an embarrassment to me. You are my pride, my love. Nothing happened last night." He said wiping my tears again.

"You were not talking about me?" He shook his head. I hugged him tightly.

"I thought I humiliated you in front of your friends," A burden was lifted from my shoulders and I sagged against him in relief.

"Shh... Stop crying. Stop crying." He kissed my forehead.

"What happened last night? I don't remember a thing after we danced." I asked him after calming down.

"Nia gave you a glass of strong alcohol and you drank it without checking."

"That woman!" I said gritting my teeth.

"You scared her off quite charmingly last night." He said with an amused look.

"I did?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah. You yelled at her for staring at me and that look on her face was pretty satisfying to watch if you ask me." He said chuckling.

"Unbelievable!" I exclaimed, still not believing the fact that I yelled at someone.

"Yeah, you were pretty incredible. You are so funny when you are inebriated. I know now that I should get you drunk to bring the truth out of you." He muttered, laughing. I face-palmed myself.