LTBB 2: Chapter Sixteen

Start from the beginning

Come to think of it, within that fifteen minute drive back to the apartment, Tyler could fill me in with everything I wanted to know - about Chase, about Asher and Dean's friendship, about Lora, about what I missed when I was gone. He could fill me in on everything.

And I know I could trust him considering that I met him before Zach.

"I think it's best if Tyler drove me home, just for tonight at least. We need to catch up anyway." I say truthfully but just leaving some personal details out. Zach eyes me for a while before responding.

"If you're sure?" There was hesitance in his voice. I knew he was uneasy with a boy driving me home, especially if that boy is Chase's cousin, however, I needed this. I needed to find out what happened and why.

"I'm sure," I answer smiling up at him, laying a soft kiss on his lips, I start walking away with Tyler following on behind me.

Tyler pulls out the car keys from his pocket and unlocks the vehicle with one single click. To my surprise, the vehicle was not a car... it was a motorbike.

Shifting uncomfortably, Tyler stares at me, "What's wrong?"

"I never rode a motorbike before." I state folding my arms over my chest. We stood on the sidewalk.

"Oh c'mon, I'm sure Chase drove you on a motorbike like he does with Emma."

I stay silent, gazing down at the cemented ground, kicking my heel.

"He didn't." I answer shamefully, Tyler's light brown eyes opened.

"Really?"

I nod weakly, "I didn't even know that Chase owned a motorbike."

Tyler pushes his hands in the back of back pockets, "Uh, I'm sure he wanted to. Come on, I'll put the helmet on you." He said immediately changing the subject, I walk closer to him.

"Push your hair over your shoulders." He commands, I obey as he says. Tyler grabs his helmet and pulls down the bonnet before strapping it to be secure.

"Is that good?"

"Yup. What do I do now?" I ask, the helmet was rather heavier as I expected.

Tyler places a leg over the seat of his bike; he nods for me to do the same after placing his own helmet over his head, "I'm going to need you to hold onto my waist tightly, okay?"

"Okay." Snaking my arms around his toned waist, I pull myself closer to him in fear of the motorbike going full speed.

"Are you scared?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "A bit."

He laughed loudly, "I'll go slow."

"Do you know Asher's address, Tyler?"

He scoffed, "Of course I do. Asher is only two doors down from Chase."

Oh right. What a stupid question for me to ask.

With one kick of the engine, it could feel the vibration underneath me. Holding on tighter around his stomach, Tyler yells, "Woah Isabelle. I don't need you to suffocate me while I drive."

A light blush creeps to the apples of my cheek as I loosened my touch, "Sorry."

Before I knew it, we were riding down the road on a dark night with the street lights giving as a slight visual of the area.

"So, Chase never took you out on a motorbike ride?" Tyler confirmed shouting over the wind that was brushing over our faces.

"No." I was a little hurt knowing that Chase took Emma on a ride before me but I wasn't complaining. I had Zach anyway.