Beach with Ichika

Picture by: mowar25 (https://twitter.com/mowar25/status/1023623490463621120 | https://twitter.com/mowar25)

Requested by @-suspect & @Yumiko167

--

A/N: This is somewhat like a sequel to the previous 'Mama's Sick' one-shot. Enjoy and do leave comments if you liked it! To the requesters, I hope it is up to your expectations!

--

"Uwah!! It's the beach!" Ichika screams, her little feet happily stomping into the soft sand beneath her. "Mama! Papa! Hurry!"

"She's so excited," Touka says, giggling at her daughter who looked back at them with a huge smile on her face.

Kaneki takes his wife's hand while his other hand was occupied with their beach necessities. "Yeah. She's been waiting for this day for ages. Wait for us, Ichika! Your mama's with child so she can't run!"

"Okay!!"

They found a nice spot with beach chairs and set up their picnic mat there, placing their bags and food down onto the mat. Ichika quickly brings out her swimming costume from her ladybug backpack and jumps up and down. "Mama! I wanna go change now!"

With a matching swimming costume in her hand, Touka smiles at her daughter. "Let's go then."

"Wait! I'm going with you! What if you fall down, Touka? It's dangerous!" Kaneki exclaims.

"No can do. You need to stay and protect our spot. Besides, you can't go into the changing room with us."

"But..."

"Don't worry. Ichika will protect me, right darling?" She smiles and Ichika grins. "Yeah!"

The mother and daughter walk off, leaving poor Kaneki behind looking at them slowly disappearing in the distance. He sighs. The two of them are such bullies. While he busies himself with blowing air into his daughter's inflatable turquoise pool float, he stares out at the calm ocean and smiles. How long has it been since he's at the beach? He vaguely remembers he came once with his father and mother and that he had a very fun time. After his father passed away, his mother wouldn't bring him here anymore—

Ichika's cheerful voice interrupts his thoughts. "Papa! Do I look good?"

Before him stood his daughter in a black flowy swimsuit. Kaneki pats her head with a smile. "You look cute, Icchan."

"Yay! Mama! Papa says I'm cute!" She jumps over to Touka who also smiles at her daughter. "That's good."

Ken gazes up at his wife, who was in a matching black flowy bikini, with a black skirt tied at her hip. Touka knows what he's thinking—how beautiful she is—judging from the same expression he had from years ago when she cut her hair. Eyes slightly wide, cheeks blushing and lips parted.

Blushing, she gently slaps his cheeks to get him to snap out of his trance and he did. "What are you staring at, you pervert?"

"W-Wha—no! You're just—so beautiful..." He feels his own cheeks warm.

"Well, thank you. A-Aren't you going to change?"

He looks down at his simple white buttoned shirt and black pants. "Ah this is what I'm going to wear. These pants is my swimsuit."

"I see."

"Can I go play?!"

The parents nod. Just then, a bunch of children come over and stares at Ichika's mix of white and black hair. A boy then points out. "You have weird hair!"