Forever

Do listen to the YouTube video while reading :)

"Kaneki! Kaneki!" Touka stretched her hand out towards her lover lying on the ground as Yomo grabbed her wrist.

"Touka." Yomo said. "Let's go."

"No!" She yanked off Yomo's his and ran to Kaneki. "It's alright we're going home now." She said as she threw Kaneki's arms over her shoulders.

"Touka-chan go on without me, we already decided that I'll be the decoy so you guys can get away..."

"You're the one who just decided that! I didn't agree to this!"

"Touka-chan please... Just go on without me... I don't want you to die."

"I will not die and we're going home!"

"Touka-chan..." Kaneki pushed her away and fell to the ground, summoning out his Kagune and pushing her into Yomo's arms which he closed.

"I'm counting on you, Yomo-san..." Kaneki weakly spoke.

Yomo nodded as he threw Touka over his shoulders and started running.

She struggled to break free from his grasp but couldn't. "Yomo-san what are you doing?! Kaneki is still back there! Kaneki is..." Her vision started blurring as tears streamed down her face. "Going to die..."

"I'm sorry..." Yomo quietly said.

Kaneki's eyes started to water as he saw their shadows getting smaller and smaller. "Thank you, Yomo-san..." He was now ready to die now that he knows Touka will be safe.

He gathered his last energy to stand up and bring out his Kakuja form before running towards the direction of the doves.

________________________

That night, Yomo slipped some sleeping medicine for ghouls into Touka's water to make it easier for her to sleep.

Touka drank the water and soon after, she drifted off to sleep.

Inside Touka's dream...

"Touka-chan." A voice called.

"Mm?"

"Touka-chan." The voice called again.

She opened my eyes and saw Kaneki standing in front of her. His hair was black. She walked towards him slowly and ran her fingers through his hair as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Why?"

The innocent Kaneki whom she had fell in love with suddenly appeared before her. Touka hugged him and cried into his chest.

Kaneki hugged back and patted her head gently. "There there."

His body is cold. His hands are cold. Why? She looked up at him. His face color didn't look very good, it was pale.

"Kaneki?" Touka stretched out my hand and placed it on his cheek.

"Yes?" He replied while putting his hand on hers and smiled warmly.

Standing on her toes, she kissed him. It was warm despite everything else of him was cold.

He returned her kiss and they shared many kisses. Along the way, it became a making out session.

They separated after a few minutes of making out. Touka gasped as she looked down. "Kaneki, your legs!"

He looked down. His legs were slowly disappearing. She tightened her grip on his arms. "What's happening?"

"I don't have much time left, huh?" Kaneki mumbled to himself.

"What do you mean 'not much time left'?!" Touka shouted and shook him.

"Touka-chan I'm already dead. I'm here in your dreams just to see you one last time." Kaneki said as he started becoming paler by the second. He was practically translucent now.

"No! No! That's a lie! You're not dead!" She raised her hand and tried to touch his cheek but her hand just went through his face. She could not even touch him now.

"That's not true.." Touka said as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"It's true, Touka-chan... A dove injured me to the point I couldn't even regenerate in time."

"..." Touka just stared at the ground and his now disappearing thighs.

"Touka-chan I want you to promise me something."

She looked back up at him.

"Promise me you won't cry for me anymore and that you will smile."

"I can't do that... I can't live in this world without you..."

"Sure you can. I'm glad I met you, Touka-chan... You changed my world and was the only one who accepted me for who I was, a monster."

"No no... I didn't do anything! You were the one who changed MY world! You made me want to believe in my own kind, made me love literature and-"

"I love you."

Touka smiled as a tear dropped down her cheek. "I love you too."

"Promise me that you won't forget about me. You won't forget that a man named Kaneki Ken existed in your life."

"I promise."

"And that you won't cry?"

"..."

"Please." Kaneki pleaded.

"Okay. I promise." Touka just agreed for the sake of making him happy.

"Thank you, Touka-chan." Kaneki smiled then looked up. "It's time. See you later, Touka-chan."

"Kane-" Touka never got to finish calling his name and he was already gone. She swore she saw Kaneki's tears dripping down his cheeks before he disappeared.

At that moment, she woke up with real tears on her cheeks.

It was morning.

Touka turned to her left and her eyes widened.

A bloodied Kaneki was lying beside her and his arms were wrapped around her.

Touka placed two fingers under his nose to check whether he was breathing. More tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Kaneki... " Touka's sobs became louder as she cried her eyes out while holding the lifeless Kaneki in her arms.

To die beside his lover. That was Kaneki's last wish. At least he managed to accomplish it.

"I love you."

Yes another sad one shot!! Hope you guys liked this one shot! I dreamed of this and I cried in my sleep so yeah. It's kinda my fav one shot besides "Beach At Night", "Sick", "Promise" and "Magazine". And yes I like to make people tear up. :3