Kaneki's Birthday

Kaneki's Birthday

Requested by: @xtian199

Firstly, I would like to wish our cinnamon roll who deserves to be happy, Kaneki Ken, a very happy birthday! May all your wishes come true!🎉🎂

Secondly, let's get this special one shot started!! 😁😁

In a week, it will be Kaneki's birthday.

Currently, a certain violet haired girl is panicking.

Touka paced around the room with her hand on her chin. What present should she get him? Where should she bring him?

"Ah! Yoriko!" She grabbed her cellphone and quickly dialed her best friend.

---

19th December 11.59pm

Kaneki was still on the bed, reading his book. A minute later, it hit midnight and it's now 20th December. His phone vibrated and he picked it up.

Message

To: Kaneki Ken
Subject: 20th December

"Happy birthday to my boyfriend, Ken."

He couldn't resist the urge and went over to her room. Seeing her still awake and sitting on her bed, he rushed over to her and hugged her.

"Can I sleep with you?" He asked and she nodded.

Since Touka's bed wasn't big enough for 2 persons, they went to Kaneki's room. They laid down and he leaned his head against her chest. She pulled the blankets over them and stroked his head. Kaneki smiled and they fell asleep, just like that.

-Next Day-

"Aw man.. Just because you got a girlfriend means you don't have time for me huh?" Hide spoke.

"Sorry Hide! Touka said she's gonna bring me out today. Let's celebrate it another day, alright?" Kaneki said, trying to pacify his best friend.

"Nah just kidding. Sure, another day. Have fun!"

The call ended.

"Now.. Where's Touka-chan..."

Just as he was about to open the kitchen door, it got locked from the inside.

"Don't come in!" Touka shouted.

"But why?" He asked.

"Just not yet! Wait outside. Give me 30 mins and I'll be out!"

Shrugging, he went to change clothes and wash up before sitting onto the bed and picking up his book.

-30mins later-

The kitchen door unlocked and Touka came out, holding a birthday cake with candles on top. She sang the birthday song for him and told him to make a wish. After he's done, she picked up the cake, wanting to throw it away but Kaneki stopped her.

"I'll eat it."

"HAH?! But-"

"Because you went through all the trouble to make it for me." He took a knife and cut a piece, pushing it into his mouth. It tasted like glue and rotten cheese. He covered his mouth, preventing the food from coming up again and swallowed it.

It didn't taste as bad the more he ate but the minute he finished the whole cake, his stomach made a loud noise and he ran to the bathroom with her following behind.

Vomiting until almost everything was out, he laid his head against the wall, panting. He slowly got up and brushed his teeth.

"Touka I'm sorry."