Again

After the CCG's ghoul extermination operation, Kaneki's personality did a 360 degrees change and he started spouting rubbish about not going back to Anteiku and leaving so he can protect them. Of course, Touka wouldn't stand for it and insisted that she go with him on his journey into the darkness. Staring into his eyes that lost its shine, she just had to follow him and make sure she never loses him again.

To her surprise, he allowed her to go with him.

---

Upon entering their new hideout and checking out the rooms, Touka frowned. Although their hideout had decent furniture for a home; sofa, tables, chairs, it didn't feel like home. But she had no choice but to get used to it slowly. They decided to have Banjou and his 3 underlings in one room, Tsukiyama in another, Kaneki and Touka in the last room. Tsukiyama was whining about wanting to be in the same room with Kaneki but he was ignored by everyone.

The two entered their shared room and placed their baggage down. An awkward silence came over them as neither of them spoke and Touka tried to break the silence, "L-Let's start unpacking?"

"Yeah." He said.

They unpacked their items without exchanging any words and once they were done, they met with everyone at the living room. Everyone settled down onto the sofa and Kaneki stood in front of them. "Tomorrow, we will begin our search for Kanou. From the information I heard from one of Aogiri's men, Kanou is in the 2nd ward. Banjou, you three and Tsukiyama are to follow me." He then turned to Touka. "You stay here."

"What?! Why am I the only one who stays? I want to go too!" She exclaimed.

He dismissed the group, grabbed her hand and entered their room. She pulled her hand away from him and glared at him. "I demand an explanation."

"I don't want you to get hurt. It might be dangerous."

"Oh yeah? So you're saying it won't be dangerous for you too? I'm going and that's final." She huffed and folded her arms.

He cupped her cheeks and made her look at him. "Please don't do this. I want to protect you. Just this one time. I promise I will bring you in the future."

"...okay." She said hesitantly.

"Thank you."

He said that but for the next few meetings, he never brought her. She's always left at the hideout, taking care of the place and alone. The two share a room but she doesn't see at him most of the time; it's either he comes back in the middle of the night when she's asleep or he goes out early in the morning when she hasn't woke up. It's like he's purposely trying to avoid her. She's upset and even though he always buys stuff for her to cheer her up, she still worries. What if he's out there fighting and he gets injured? If she's not there with him, he might overdo himself and get himself killed.

He usually comes back with lots of scratches or with broken bones. There's this one time where Banjou had to carry him because he was unconscious. When she asks them what happened, they remain quiet. He also never talks to her about Kanou, other than the fact that he transferred Rize's organs into his body. She wants him to talk to her but he wouldn't, no matter how many times she tried.

It's been a month since they went on this journey together and it's tough. Kaneki hasn't made any progress on finding Kanou at all and he comes back every night very frustrated or pissed.

---

The door slammed close and the gang; Tsukiyama, Banjou and his three underlings and Kaneki, walked in. They all returned to their rooms and upon entering their shared room, the white haired male was surprised to see Touka sitting on the bed and folding her arms.