Mama's Sick

Requested by: @LUZOMU

With Kaneki free from his duties at TSC and Ichika having a day off from school, they planned to go to the beach today. But it seems God has other plans for them when Touka woke up feeling like shit.

While Kaneki holds his wife's hair back as she pukes into the toilet bowl, he tries his best not to lose his shit. This is not the first time she's having morning sickness anyway. When she was pregnant with Ichika, it was even worse. She was glad that she wasn't coughing out blood this time, she thinks as her hand goes to hold her swollen belly. She can't wait for this brat to come out in 6 months.

Touka's other hand grip the bowl, then reaches up to press the flush button. She then leans against the wall, panting and exhausted from her excessive puking that started half an hour ago. "I'm sorry, Ken... I know you wanted to go to the beach today with Ichika..."

He shakes his head vigorously and helps her up. "It's not your fault! I'll go get some water for you. Wait here."

"Papa! When are we going to the beach?! I'm ready!'" Ichika shouts when she sees her father, already carrying her ladybug bag.

He ushers his daughter out into the living room, squats down and looks at her apologetically. "Sorry Icchan, we can't go to the beach today. Your mama's not feeling well."

"Is mama okay?!"

"Yes, she'll be alright with some rest. I promise we'll go to the beach once mama is better."

"I want to help!"

He nods with a smile. "Sure. Can you go and check on mama? I need to go get water for mama."

"Okay!"

While Ken heads to the kitchen for a cup of warm water, Ichika's tiny legs bring her to the bathroom. She sees her mama brushing her teeth and cleaning her mouth. Tears escape her eyes when mama is still alive. "Mama, are you dying? Papa says you're sick!"

Mama smiles and pats her daughter's head. "I'm not dying, Ichika. Mama's just feeling unwell because of your little brother."

Ichika wipes her tears away and pouts. "Little brother is bad for making mama sick!"

"Even so, your mama loves your little brother very much," Kaneki says, entering the bathroom and placing the glass to his wife's lips for her to drink. He sets the cup aside once she's done and Touka looks down at her daughter. "Ichika, sorry we can't go out today."

She shakes her head. "Mama is more important!"

Smiling, she turns and attempts to walk. But her vision goes blurry and her knees gave way. 

"Mama!"

Kaneki quickly catches her with a sigh of relief and throws her arm around his shoulders. Ichika watches as papa supports her body to the bed and gently lays her down. He pulls the blanket up to the neck and Touka squeezes his hand. "Sorry..."

He wipes her sweat with a clean towel and presses a kiss to her forehead. "It's okay. Get some rest."

Ichika goes over to them and stands in front of her mother. "Mama...rest well!"

Touka's eyes water at the sight of her daughter. "Sorry, Ichika. We'll definitely go to the beach next time, okay?"

"Mm! Go to sleep, mama!"

Her eyes slowly close and soon, she's asleep. With her hand still holding onto Ken's tightly, the male carefully maneuvered himself so that he laid on the bed beside his wife without disturbing her slumber. He signals to Ichika to come over and she settles herself in between her parents after placing her bag pack onto the floor quietly.

The father and daughter look at Touka and then Ichika turns to her papa. Ken puts a finger to his smiling lips, asking her to be quiet and she nods. The family soon fell asleep together.

Touka wakes up a few hours later feeling so much better and grins when she sees her husband and daughter sleeping soundly on the bed beside her. Ichika is kind and understanding, just like her father. She rubs her belly and gazes at the two of them. Even if today wasn't the day they wanted, she was still contented because it was also a day that was spent with them.