Nightmare

It was raining.

The two ghouls were running. Running to avoid getting caught by the investigators.

Touka had better stamina as an Ukaku Ghoul so she ran faster than Kaneki. She ran in the front, while Kaneki ran slightly behind her.

Kaneki didn't mind. That would mean he would get caught first and Touka could escape using that chance.

Suddenly, he felt a stinging pain at his leg and then numbness. He dropped down on his knees and then onto the floor.

Touka found it weird that she didn't hear any running steps behind her and stopped running to turn behind.

Her eyes widened as she saw the investigators pull Kaneki who was a 2 meters away from her, pulling and tearing out his Kagune.

"KANEKI!" Touka shouted and ran back to him.

"Don't come here Touka! Run away! You still have a chance! I-AHHH!"

The pain was too unbearable even for him, having his Kagune torn out from his body.

Touka stopped in her tracks and her legs shook.

What should I do? Run away? But Kaneki is there... I don't want to leave him.. But if I don't run, then he will be sacrificed for nothing! But Kaneki... But...

She decided she wanted to save him so she ran towards him, opening her Kagune to shoot crystals at the Doves.

Suddenly Touka got slashed from behind and she fell to the ground.

"TOUKA-CHAN!!!" Kaneki gathered all his strength to break free from the investigators and attempted to run towards her. But his legs didn't have energy and he fell down.

He didn't give up. He slowly went to Touka by dragging himself across the ground with only his right hand.

He finally reached her side and with all the investigators surrounding them, Kaneki didn't have the will to fight back. Also since Touka is down.

"Touka-chan.." Kaneki softly called out.

Touka opened her eyes slightly and smiled. "So this is where we-"

"Don't think about it."

Kaneki placed his hand onto his cheek and caressed it, smiling at her.

Touka smiled back weakly as she felt her consciousness leaving her.

"I love you, Touka-chan."

"I love you too, Ken."

Tears spilled out of Kaneki's eyes as Touka slowly closed her eyes and stopped moving.

"Touka-chan..." Kaneki leaned his forehead against her before he felt his consciousness slipping away too. Soon, he also stopped moving.

The two laid there lifeless in the middle of the investigators as the rain continued pouring.

---

"KANEKI!" Touka shot out of bed and shouted.

"Touka-chan? What's wrong? You had a night-"

Before he could finish her sentence, she had already hugged him tightly and buried her face into his chest.

Tears slipped down her cheeks. Kaneki wrapped one arm around her waist and used his other hand to stroke through her hair gently.

He kissed her forehead and bent down to carry her princess style. He placed her down onto the bed and laid down next to her.

"It's alright..." Kaneki soothed her with his words. "I'm here..."

They fell asleep together.

---

Another short one... Sorry have been quite busy with projects deadlines recently.. Promise to update more frequently after this 2 weeks! :D