I Miss You

So to thank those who commented on my "POLL" post, this is a one shot published 4 days earlier than it's supposed to be! Enjoy! (I don't think you will enjoy it though hehe)

---

It was too late by the time the half ghoul arrived at his former workplace. The cafe was burnt down and everyone was gone, except for her. He sprinted towards his former colleague, friend and the person he loved.

Tears dripped down his cheeks as Kaneki looked down at the female ghoul in his arms. Her injuries were irrecoverable and he could only watch as she slowly weakened.

"Hey you're a man right? Don't cry.." Touka raised one hand to cup his cheek.

"It's all my fault. If I was stronger, I could have-!"

She pressed a finger to his lips, stopping him in his sentence. "It's not your fault. Nothing is." Caressing his cheek, she smiled. "I like you Kaneki, in a romantic way. Funny how it takes me to be on the brink of death before I get the courage to tell you. I should have told you earlier, sorry."

He shook his head. "I like you too Touka-chan. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to hurt you."

It was her turn to shake her head and she felt her vision become blurry as tears filled her eyes. "I'm happy to hear that. Promise me you'll not starve yourself and put yourself before others. That you'll live."

More tears dripped down. "I can't promise you. If you're not here, I don't want to live anymore..!"

"Please just promise me that so I can go in peace..."

"I-I-I promise." Kaneki said as a tear dropped down onto her cheek.

Touka let out a smile before her eyelids felt heavy and she closed her eyes, forever.

The half ghoul remained there in the rain, holding the lifeless beloved of his in his arms and crying loudly.

On that day he buried her, he had problems sleeping at night. Memories of them together working in the cafe all came back to him and he turned to his side, sobbing.

He must have fallen asleep while he cried and when he opened his eyes again, he saw her.

The violet haired female ghoul stood before him. He took a step towards her, voice trembling. "I-is that you, Touka?"

"Yeah."

Another step. "Are you real?"

"Yeah."

Another step and he's hugging her tightly. He buried his face into her neck and inhaled her scent. The smell of coffee mixed with her natural body scent, and he liked it.

Kaneki pulled back hesitantly and stared at her. "You're not dead?"

She let out a chuckle. "What are you talking about? I'm alive and well. You're even hugging me."

His lips curved up to a small smile. "That's right. You're alive... That's a relief.. I had a nightmare about you dying and it was so horrible, I couldn't take it."

Touka only smiled.

The two started going out and they spent time together, just like a normal couple would. They went on dates—

 They went on dates—

—hugged—

—kissed—

—kissed—

And made love

And made love

The days passed like minutes, flying past and on the 100th day of dating, Kaneki found himself on one knee, holding out a ring and proposing to Touka

"Will you marry me? I promise to love only you forever."

"Yes."

He stood up and slid the ring onto her finger. The couple soon had a mini wedding at a church with only people they knew; Hide, Yoriko, Hinami, Nishiki, Kimi, Yoshimura, Yomo, Itori, Tsukiyama and Uta.

They had children soon after, one boy and girl, named Kou and Yuuna respectively. The couple snuggled together under the covers while their children slept, absorbing the warmth of each other's bodies.

Touka reached up to cup Kaneki's cheeks and whispered, "it's time to wake up."

At the moment, Kaneki woke up panting and his hands reached to the side, only feeling the bedsheets. "Touka.. Where are you?!" He frantically looked around the room for her but found nothing.

Laying eyes on the box of items on the floor and a rabbit keychain peeking out of the box, a realization dawned upon him and he held his face in his hands, tears dripping down.

This was reality.

"I miss you, Touka..." He sobbed.

---

I guess you could this half-tragedy and half-angst? Idk what you call it.

If you didn't understand it, I'll explain it to you. Basically, this happens after Kaneki left on his own journey after being tortured by Aogiri and the CCG found out about Anteiku and came to kill everyone.

The events that happened (Touka & Kaneki becoming a couple, hugging, dates, kissing and making love) was all just in Kaneki's mind. He had a dream because he missed her so much. Hence the title "I miss you".

My heart hurts writing this one shot. But I thought because I've been writing lots of fluff lately, it's time for some depressing stuff. Although it's not enough to make people cry 😅