Ferris Wheel

"Touka-chan let's ride that one!" Kaneki pointed to the ferris wheel.

The two are currently on a date at an amusement park.

Touka's face paled at the sight of it. She may be a ghoul and be jumping around here and there but she cannot handle the ferris wheel for the life of her.

"Why not another ride?" She suggested.

"I want this one. I want to sit this with you, Touka-chan."

Touka sighed. I'll just do it for him. "Okay."

Kaneki's face lit up and he took her hand. They walked towards the ferris wheel attendant.

"2 people please."

"Sure. You guys are cute together."

Kaneki smiled. "Thank you."

The cabin for the ferris wheel arrived and they went in. Kaneki sat down in front of Touka.

The door closed and it started moving.

Okay relax relax. You're with Kaneki. Nothing could go wrong. If the thing falls, he could grab me. Yeah.

Her legs stopped clamping and started to relax. Her shoulders relaxed as well. Kaneki wasn't aware and started talking.

They chatted until they were about 6 storeys high, which was when Touka started to feel afraid again.

She clamped her legs together and clenched her fists, looking down at her lap.

Kaneki noticed that she has been replying him in slower and shorter sentences by the minute and how tense she was.

"Touka-chan... Could it be that you're afraid of heights?"

Touka looked up at him. "HAH? THAT'S NOT POSSI-" The ferris wheel car shook a little and she was already grabbing him.

She squeezed her eyes shut. Great. Now he'll tease me for the rest of my life.

She then felt his warm hand touch her cheek. She opened her eyes to see a concerned Kaneki staring into her eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me? Then I wouldn't have insisted that we ride it."

"I... I didn't want you to know that I'm afraid. It's ironic isn't it? I'm an ukaku ghoul and I'm supposed to be not afraid of heights but I just can't handle this ride..."

"That's not weird. Everyone has their fears. I also have mine." Kaneki stood up and Touka's eyes followed him. She squeezed his hand. "W-Where are you going?"

"Relax Touka-chan. I'm not going anywhere." Kaneki replied as he sat down beside her. He wrapped his hand around her waist and pulled her towards him.

"Touka-chan look at me."

She looked at him.

Kaneki placed his hand on her cheek and leaned in for a kiss. Her eyes widened then slowly closing then closed.

They separated and Touka blinked repeatedly for a good 3 seconds before she flushed.

"What are you doing in a public place?! We're in a ferris wheel and everyone can see us!"

"The people downstairs can't see us. Only the cabins beside us but it doesn't matter..." Kaneki's words drifted off before landing another kiss on her sweet lips.

They separated once again.

"This way it helps you relax doesn't it, Touka-chan?"

"Now that you mention it... It does help me forget we're in a ferris wheel..."

Kaneki chuckled before kissing her again. They shared many kisses and finally reached the top of the ferris wheel.

"Look at that Touka-chan."

"At what? I-I can't look outside..." Her hands trembled.

Kaneki held her hand and whispered into her ear. "It's alright I'm here. Look up."

Touka picked up her courage and did what he had asked. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped at the sight.

The sky was painted with an array of orange, yellow and red lights. It was the sunset and it was breathtaking. The sun is slowly going down the horizon.

"This is why I wanted to ride the ferris wheel with you, Touka-chan. I wanted to show you this amazing sight. The sunset reminds me of your Kagune that night with Tsukiyama, Nishiki and Kimi-san. It's as beautiful as your Kagune, Touka-chan."

Touka blushed at Kaneki's mushy statement.

"A-Are you saying that I'm b-beautiful?"

"Yeah I am."

Kaneki released his hand and turned Touka to face him. He pushed her bangs to the back of her ear and caressed her cheek. "I love you, Touka-chan." He leaned for a kiss which was returned by her.

"I love you too, Kaneki."

More fluff~ I held back from writing dirty scenes inside the cabin (if you know what I mean 😏) cuz Touken needs more fluff! Hope ya enjoyed!~ 😘

Oh yes, lemon is coming up next!