Birds

Request for @Nerfuami

Touka sighed and wanted to take a nap after a long day of hard work. She dragged herself to her room and opened the door, slamming it close a second later.

She let out a "kya" before running away at top speed. She accidentally bumped into someone and fell backwards.

The both of them groaned in pain before the boy stood up, dusting his pants before helping Touka up.

"I'm sorry Touka-chan... Are you alright?"

She didn't reply him.

"What's wrong, Touka-chan? You look troubled."

She was thinking of a way to get that beast-like thing out of her room.

Hinami was out shopping with Yomo so the idea is a no-no, Nishiki is a douche so she doesn't want to ask him and she didn't want to trouble Irimi, Koma or Manager either.

Ding. It registered in her mind.

But will her pride allow her to let him know her fear of birds?

...

She decided that she prioritized her life over her pride.

Touka grabbed Kaneki's wrist and started pulling. "Come with me for a sec."

"Eh?"

They stood in front of her room which held the beast - in Touka's opinion.

"There's something in there." She said in a serious tone.

"W-What's in there?" He asked nervously. He had hoped it wasn't something that would make him puke or freak out.

"The beast."

"W-wha-"

"Shush. Get in there and get rid of it."

She opened the door and entered the room, hiding behind him.

Touka watched as Kaneki skillfully picked the bird up into his palms and lets it go at her balcony.

"T-Thanks." She mumbled under her breath while blushing.

"You're welcome. Touka-chan, you're afraid of birds?"

She looked down. "Yeah."

"Why? Did something happen to you before?"

Touka sat down onto her bed. "You want to hear my story?"

Kaneki nodded. Touka patted the spot next to her, asking him to come and sit beside her to which he did.

She told him about how Ayato and her found an injured bird and kept it as a pet. Its name was Chunta. She skipped the part where her father got killed and went straight to the part where her face got pecked at by the bird.

"So the part where the bird injured you is on the right side of your face? That's why you grew out your bangs like that?"

"Yeah."

"Can I see it?"

Touka turned her head. "It's really ugly you know."

"I don't mind. I have one ugly scar on my body too." -- Referring to the part where the doctor inserted Rize's organs.

Touka pondered about it for a while. She slowly uncovered the right part of her face and closed her eyes, afraid of his reaction.

His eyes widened when he saw her full face. Her half face was already very pretty to him but now with her full face, she's beautiful. But he didn't say anything because he knew she didn't like being called pretty or beautiful.

She opened her eyes when she felt his thumb gently brushing her scar beside her right eye. Kaneki was gazing at her lovingly and cupping her cheeks. He planted a kiss on her scar.

"I like you, Touka-chan."

She stared at him with a face like what did you just say?

Kaneki flushed. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that out... I only wanted to say I didn't mind you having this scar and I like all parts of you and-"

"Kaneki."

Touka closed her eyes and Kaneki leaned in, tilting his head slightly to the right and kissed him. It was too addictive; when his lips touched her soft ones, he couldn't and didn't want to release from her but eventually had to due to the lack of air.

She grabbed his collar and pulled him in for another kiss.

---

Is this good? I wanted to set this as kuroneki and that they haven't gone out yet. How is it? :3