A New Person

This is for day 4 of toukenweek, Haise! Enjoy!

--

"This fragrance..." Sasaki Haise mumbled as the scent of coffee entered his nostrils. "This shop will surely have some good coffee. My nose kagune is whispering that to me!" He declared as he puffed his chest out in arrogance, to which his companions, Shirazu replied 'Amazing RC cells' and Mutsuki who questioned about nose kagune.

The elegant man behind the counter did not move and seemed to be shocked at the group of customers that just entered, particularly at the white and black haired male. A feminine voiced sounded the air as the group of three turned to the female waitress who was scolding the elegant man on not greeting their customers.

It was like time stopped for both Haise and the waitress who had silver bluish hair, as their eyes met for the longest time before the waitress broke the moment between them to guide the group to their seats.

After ordering 3 coffees, Shirazu and Mutsuki went on chatting about how cute the waitress was and something about being on Akira's side while Haise sat there, eyes deep in thought. Mutsuki noticed that but didn't say anything. The elegant man from before suddenly sat down opposite Haise, startling them and stared directly at Haise.

He gave a smile. "Ah... the order was... 3 cups of coffees?"

The male stood up and retreated to the back of the counter while the waitress scolded him for trying to scare their customers away while Haise stared at the male nervously.

What's with him?

Their cups of coffees were soon delivered to their table and the younger members of the group exclaimed that it was delicious but all Sasaki Haise could think about after drinking the coffee was how it seemed so familiar to him. How nostalgic the taste was. Unknown feelings overwhelmed him and a tear dripped down his cheek.

Whilst his companions were surprised and could only gawk at him for crying over a cup of coffee, the cute waitress offered him a handkerchief to dry his tears. He apologized and took it from her hands to smother on his face. "It's really delicious, it really is..."

"Thank you..." The waitress replied, giving him a troubled yet a bit sad smile.

The thought of him having such a beautiful person in his life before crossed his mind. Have I met her before? Who is she to me?

After they left, Yomo turned to Touka. "He doesn't remember us."

"Yes, and I plan to keep it that way. He seems happier with them."

Being a man of few words, Yomo didn't say anything else.

Remembering the waitress makes his head hurt and Haise knew it had something to do with his lost memories. Though he is aware he should not go back, he hasn't been able to get her out of his mind ever since and he stared at the handkerchief she passed to him.

I should at least return this to her...

The handkerchief was just an excuse to go back and see her.

Thus, Haise went back to Re again the next week. While looking through the huge selection of books they had, the beautiful waitress approached him, telling him to help himself with the books. After he picked one, he settled down at a table with the bookshelves behind him and took off his coat. The waitress brought him the cup of coffee he ordered.

Although Touka had already resolved herself to not have any relationship with him, she found herself opening her mouth. "Are you a teacher? The last time you visited, they called you teacher..."