Injured

"Good afternoon!" Kaneki greeted the staff of Anteiku as he entered the shop.

"Afternoon." Everyone else greeted.

Kaneki looked over his work schedule then looked around. "Where's Touka-chan? I'm supposed to have a shift with her today..."

"Onee-chan fell down." Hinami said.

"Fell down?! What happened?" Kaneki asked.

"This morning when she woke up she fell over her own feet, she said. And she sprained her ankle."

"I'm going upstairs."

---

Knock knock.

"Come in."

The door opens.

"Touka-chan I heard you sprained your ankle so I'm here to check on-What are you doing? You're supposed to be resting!" Kaneki urged as he saw Touka standing.

"Huh? It feels fine now so I don't need to."

"How can that be? No no no. You sit down." Kaneki placed his bag on the floor and pushed Touka to make her sit on the bed.

He squatted down onto the floor in front of her. "Which ankle did you sprain?"

"I don't need you to worry about me. I'm fine." Touka crossed her arms over her chest.

"Let's see... Here?" Kaneki pressed her left ankle.

No reaction.

He pressed her right ankle and noticed her leg shake. He looked up to see a painful expression on Touka's face.

"It's this one huh? Did you do anything to your ankle after you sprained it? Like rinsing it in cold water?"

"No."

Kaneki sighed. "Come on. Let's rinse it." He stood up and carried her bridal style.

"H-Hey put me down! I can walk."

"No I'm trying to reduce your pain." Kaneki said as he started walking towards the bathroom.

"Let go!" Touka started kicking and hitting him. She pulled on his white hair.

"Touka-chan stop struggling! You're making it hard for me to walk! AH!"

The both of them fell to the floor.

Touka braced for the pain that's about to come but it didn't. She opened her eyes and realized she had landed on Kaneki's firm chest.

"Ouch... Touka-chan are you alright?" Rather than caring about himself first, he asked Touka first whether she was alright.

"I'm fine. Bakaneki. Care about yourself first before me."

"Ehehe."

Touka got up and blushed when she realized she was straddling him.

"S-Sorry." Touka hurriedly got up and tripped due to her unstable ankle. Again.

Kaneki rushed to catch her in time just before her head hits the floor.

He sighed. "Be careful. You're an injured person right now. Ouch..."

It turns out this time Kaneki accidentally hit his arm while protecting Touka.

She noticed and stopped struggling. She felt guilty for hurting him and just let him carry her to the bathroom. He opened the tap and let the water run while she sat at the edge of the bathtub.

While waiting for the water to fill up till the knee, he went to the kitchen to take some ice cubes and threw them into the bathtub. "Cold!" Touka exclaimed when she touched the water.

"Yeah it has to be cold." Kaneki sighed. "Jeez Touka-chan you scared the hell out of me. Hinami told me you sprained your ankle and I rushed up here just to see you standing on an injured leg... You need to take care of yourself more..."

"..."

Kaneki turned off the tap and dipped his hand inside the water, checking its temperature.

"Kaneki... Thanks.."

"You're welcome. I'll do this for you anytime."

Touka blushed.

They sat together in the bathroom for another 5 minutes and enjoyed one another's company.

"Okay let's get your leg out of the water." Kaneki said and Touka did as she was told. He had already prepared a towel to clean her leg, squatting down to clean from her knee to her ankle.

She looked at him as he handled her leg with care and blushed. No one has ever been so nice to her besides Ayato and Hinami.

Kaneki removed the plug in the bathtub to drain all of the water before carrying her bridal style again to her bed and placing her down at the side of her bed.

He sat down on the floor and asked whether she was comfortable. She nodded. "I'm going to start massaging your ankle so you might want to get something you can take hold of. It's gonna hurt."

"Okay." Touka hugged her pillow in her arms, getting ready.

---

"Does it hurt?" Kaneki asked as he pressed the area around her ankle.

"NNGH! OF COURSE IT DOES! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK?!" Touka shouted as she gripped onto her pillow tightly.

"Sorry... It has to be painful for it to heal... Just a little more and I'm done. Bear with it Touka-chan."

"EH?! Oh my god I can't..." She said as she threw her back onto her bed.

-done-

Kaneki went to the toilet to wash his hands, came back to the room and sat down beside Touka. "I hope it's feeling better."

"Thanks... Kaneki."

Kaneki smiled warmly. "You're welcome."

"Kaneki... Why are you so nice to me? Normally people who see me will just ignore since it'll heal after a few days being a ghoul and all..." Touka asked as she swung her legs back and forth.

"Well that's because I like you, Touka-chan." Kaneki smiled.

"HUH?! Like you mean as in friends kind of like right?" Touka started to sweat internally.

"As in romantic feelings kind of like, Touka-chan." Kaneki turned to her.

"...Seriously?"

"I'm serious, Touka-chan." Kaneki took one of her hands into his and intertwined their fingers together. He stared into her face.

"Um I-" Touka blushed and avoided his gaze. Kaneki pressed his index finger onto her lips. "It's alright. I don't want to hear any answer, just wanted to tell you how I feel about you."

"No Kaneki I... I like you too, in a romantic way..." Touka looked down and flushed.

Kaneki's eyes widened. He never thought that his feelings would be reciprocated.

"Touka-chan can I kiss you?"

She looked up. "Huh what. Um yes?"

He rushed and pressed his lips onto her soft ones.

After the kiss, she leaned her forehead against his.

"So... What should we do now?" Touka asked.

"Probably stick together for survival." (Jurassic world's Chris Pratt 😂) Kaneki replied.

Touka giggled at his reply. "Dork."

---

Just finished watching Jurassic World and it was soooo nice that I decided to put it inside the one shot xD

More Touken fluff ❤️

BTW GUYS! My new Touken story called "Bought" is now published so do take a look and if you like it, do vote and comment!~