Day Off [Haise x Touka]

The door closed shut and footsteps could be heard in the house. Touka slowly got up from the bed and rubbed her eyes.

"Hey..." The man leaned down to kiss her.

"Welcome back, Haise." She leaned into the kiss while her eyes glanced over to the clock. 2.34am.

"I'll go take a shower then join you in bed."

The female ghoul grunted in response and laid back down. A good 20 minutes later, Haise exited the toilet and laid down in bed, wrapping his arms around his wife. Touka's eyes opened again and her mouth turned down to a frown as she looked up at him.

"You have horrible eyes bags." She commented.

"Mm. Akira gave me a day off tomorrow so I can rest. She told me I literally look like a zombie at work."

He didn't even have the energy to make those horrible puns of his. That was how tired he was.

"That's really nice of her."

"Yeah well she usually can't stand it when people daydream during work, which is what I have been doing for the past week, or so she says."

She raised her hand to push away his bangs covering his face. "Don't worry about it. Just go to sleep."

He nodded and within a few seconds, he was fast asleep.

- Next Morning -

Haise woke up and he picked up the clock. 11.56am. That's late... Feeling thirsty, he went to wash up before making his way to the kitchen for a cup of water.

Upon entering, he found a white mug with steam escaping the top already on the table waiting for him. In front of it, sat his wife holding a similar white cup to her mouth.

"Morning."

"Good morning." He replied, leaning over to give her a kiss on the cheek before settling down on the chair in front of her.

Touka was the first one to finish and stood up, walking to the sink. She put on her blue apron and rubber gloves and started to wash the dishes. "When you're done, bring your cup here."

"Okay."

His cup was emptied a minute later and after placing the cup in the sink, Haise encircled his arms around her waist. "What should we do later?"

"You should be resting. And by that, I meant sleeping."

"But we both rarely get days off together. Besides, I have something different in mind..." He trailed off as his lips found her nape and one hand moved up to cup a breast.

With shaking hands, Touka moved to turn off the tap and pushed him away. "We can't..."

He pouted. "Why not? It's been around... 1 month?"

"It's not that I don't want to but I want you to get proper rest. I'll worry if you go to work with those eye bags of yours. I don't want you to get injured or anything..."

"I promise I'll sleep after, alright? So please." The CCG investigator clapped his hands together and shut his eyes, hoping that she will give him her permission.

The female ghoul sighed heavily. "Okay-"

His face immediately brightened up like a little child's and he pulled her into his arms, pressing his lips onto hers and nibbling on her lower lip. Touka could not help but wrap her arms around him, wanting to be closer. He brought his arms under her and carried her princess-style while walking to their shared bedroom.

The door slammed behind them.

---

The husband and wife lay sated on the bed in each other's arms, slowly regaining their normal breathing speed and heart beat.

The violet haired female pulled him to her chest. "Okay. Now sleep."

Haise's eyes widened in surprise before he let out a chuckle. "Alright, Touka-chan."

In only 10 seconds, he was fast asleep and she laid there watching as he inhaled and exhaled with a calm expression forming on his face. She smiled, she hasn't seen him this relaxed in a long time.

He was always so serious about work to the point where he wouldn't even let his own body rest properly and she was glad she had managed to let him have the sleep he deserved.

And that's how they often spent their days off, in each other's arms.

---

So apparently this idea of Haise coming home late and a day off the next day, came to me at like 2.30am in the morning when I couldn't sleep. I drank coffee in the afternoon and didn't know it was so effective that it kept me up till 3am and I actually had to get up at 7.45am for school. Basically only had 4hrs & 45 mins of sleep. =_= Somebody remind me not to drink coffee on a Sunday.