That Day

Requested by: @Notdavidchang & @Legendary_Wolf12 (the park scene)

Credits to @Radish-K who helped me with this one shot! Thank you!

AU where everyone is human.

It was love at first sight for him. The beautiful waitress at Anteiku who served him. He would come almost everyday after classes to see her.

"Will you go out with me?!" The man who called himself Kaneki Ken asked the waitress named Kirishima Touka while holding out a bouquet of flowers.

She didn't have feelings for him but she agreed to go out with him just because he seemed interesting and would be able to kill some time.

He wasn't handsome, he was average looking. Black hair, grey eyes, just a normal guy. Not too nerdy; not too handsome. Just in between.

But she never knew that dating him would change her life. Gradually, she fell in love with him.

Kaneki Ken is a patient man, he's never rude or fierce. He's very dense and gullible but that's what makes him attractive to Kirishima Touka.

He was a very sweet guy.

"Touka-chan! This is for you!" Kaneki held out her favorite stuffed toy, a rabbit.

She took the toy from him and saw the note on it.

With love, Ken.

Hugging the rabbit close, she kissed him. "Thank you, Ken. I love it." His cheeks flushed pink.

The days she spent with him became weeks, months and then years.

3 years later...

The couple held hands as they walked around town. Kaneki noticed Touka's lips quivering. He removed his jacket and placed it on her.

"Do you feel better?"

"Yeah. Thank you."

He smiled. They walked into a park and sat down onto a bench, still holding hands.

There was silence. But it wasn't awkward, it was comfortable.

"Don't you think that swan looks like you?" He asked while pointing.

"Really? I don't think my skin is as white as that swan though."

"It is." He brought her hand and kissed the back of it. "It's as pretty as the swan's and really smooth."

Touka giggled.

He plucked a daisy from the ground and passed it to her. "For you."

"Hey are you sure you can just take it from the ground?"

"No one saw it anyway." He grinned.

She gently pushed on his chest. "Seriously?" He just laughed. Smiling, she inhaled the smell of the daisy.

Kaneki noticed a few guys staring at Touka as they walked pass them and he wrapped his arm protectively over her waist, signaling to them that she's his.

Seeing that, the group of guys walked away fast. She snuggled against him, craving his warmth.

That's right! This place is the best place!

Releasing her, Kaneki quickly got down on one knee and brought out a box from his pocket and opened it.

"Will you marry me, Touka? I promise to love you forever and never leave your side."

Touka gasped, covering her mouth. Tears tried to escape and she nods.

He beamed, taking the ring out of the box and sliding it onto her fourth finger. He carried her up in the air and swung her around. The couple laughed happily with no care in the world.