Return

AU

--

Request for @Lokita_26

"Is there any way we can do get Kaneki out of that monster?" Touka asked.

Kimi shook her head, frowning. "I'm so sorry. It's our first time seeing a monster like this and we do not know what will happen if we did something to it. All we can do is wait."

"How long will we have to wait?"

"From the size of that thing, it could take years."

Touka placed a hand on her growing belly and teared up. Their child would be born by then and he wouldn't be there to witness the birth—something he said he wanted to see.

5 years later...

Everyone in Tokyo had moved to another city for their safety and members of Goat were split up, as they had no reason to meet in the absence of their King. The CCG and ghouls have agreed to stop fighting one another.

Touka and her son lived their peaceful days in a small cottage in the middle of the forest.

"Kou, come back here!" Touka scolded, albeit playfully as she chased her son around the house for him accidentally dropping her lipstick into the toilet bowl.

"I'm sowwy!!!" Kou apologized as he ran to the back of the sofa and squatted down to hide.

"Mama's coming to get ya!" The female ghoul teased.

Just then, the doorbell rang and Touka went to answer it. She gasped and covered her mouth as her eyes brimmed with tears. The person standing there was none other than her husband, Kaneki Ken. He was wearing a white buttoned long-sleeved shirt and long black pants. Some parts of his body that weren't covered by his clothes had changed. His white hair was longer now and there were red markings on his neck and hands.

Scratching his nape, he gave a nervous smile as his mind was swirling with the possibility of her wanting to kill him for making her wait so long. "I'm home?"

To his surprise, she hugged him instead of punching or slapping him. Feeling her warmth envelope him, he held his tears and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Welcome home, Ken."

Tiny footsteps approached them and the two separated hesitantly to turn to the little boy who was staring up at them with a pair of big grey eyes. "Mama? Who is that?"

"Kou, remember how I told you your daddy went somewhere far away? Well, Daddy came back."

At the sight of his son, Kaneki couldn't hold back his tears anymore and he squatted down with open arms. Kou looked exactly like him, with identical black hair and grey eyes. His son, his darling son. "Come here, Kou."

The little boy ran into his father's arms. "Daddy!"

Kaneki's arms tightened around the boy. "Mm, daddy's home."

Touka couldn't help but let a sob escape her lips at the beautiful sight before her. At last, their family is reunited.

--

"And so the family of three lived happily ever after. The end." Kaneki spoke, putting down the book with a smile when he saw Kou already asleep. He shifted a little in bed to a more comfortable position and realized that his wife has been staring at him.

Touka laid on her side, wearing her pajama top and bottoms. She had a pout on her face and looked so cute that he had to reach out to pinch her cheek. "What is it, Touka-chan?"

"A bedtime story for Kou, but no kiss for me?"

Kaneki chuckled and leaned over to press his lips to hers. "Is that enough, wife?"

She licked her lips. "Hmm, maybe I need another one so I can sleep."

He kissed her again, this time for a few more seconds and pulled back. "How about now?"

Grinning, she nodded. "Better."

The three of them lived peacefully in that little cottage of theirs for 2 years until they expanded their family by another family member and so on...