Prom

AU where Kaneki goes back to school post-Aogiri and a few years passed, it's now Touka's turn to graduate Kamii University.

"Kaneki, the school said that it was okay to bring alumni to the prom so would you go with me?" Touka asked, peeking up at her boyfriend, hoping he would accept her invitation.

"Sure." Kaneki smiled.

---

"He accepted? Great! Now we have lots of shopping to do! What kind of dresses do you want? Sleeveless? Long sleeved? How about make up? Maybe you can use some—"

Before Yoriko could continue, Touka interrupted her, "chill! The prom's in 2 months!"

"Well yeah but you need to get ready! Do you want to look pretty for your boyfriend or not?!"

Her cheeks warmed. "I-I do but isn't it too early to start preparing?"

"Nothing is too early! Come on, Touka-chan, we're going shopping tomorrow!"

Touka rolled her eyes. She knew she was going to be dragged around for hours and hours and she won't be able to say anything to stop her overly-excited best friend.

---

While at the boys' side...

"Dude you sure you're going to buy another tuxedo? You already have one!" Hide exclaimed as Kaneki looked through many suits in a shop.

"Yeah well because this time I'm going with Touka so I want new ones. I don't want to use my old one to go to prom with her."

"You're oddly stubborn sometimes you know that? Jeez. Fine I'll help you choose! This one? This one?" Hide took various suits and held it in front of Kaneki, seeing which one fitted him best. The white haired male chuckled and thanked his best friend.

-Night of Prom-

The two males arrived at the prom venue which was at a 5-star hotel. They had arrived quite early and most people were not there yet. Looking around and not finding their two prom dates anywhere, they decided to go and grab a drink first. As more people came in, the white haired male started to get anxious.

"Does my hair look okay?" Kaneki asked.

"Yes you look fine. Don't be so worried! Even if your hair is messy, it won't make Touka-chan like you less!" Hide encouraged.

"But still..." Feeling uncomfortable, he made his way over to the toilet and took a look at his black wig, adjusting it properly over his white hair. He was afraid that halfway through the prom that the wig would drop off and embarrass his date.

- 30 minutes later -

A limousine pulled over in front of the hotel and two elegant ladies exited the car.

"Come on, Touka-chan you're walking too slow!!" Yoriko complained.

"Wait for me! The heels are making it hard for me to walk and the dress is freaking heavy, ugh." Touka groaned as she struggled to walk in her 2.5 inches heels and floor touching dress.

Supporting her best friend by her arm, Yoriko looked at her handphone. "They said they're waiting at the drinks area."

The image of Kaneki waiting for her came to her mind and even if her legs were wobbly, she did her best to walk faster. The ladies made their way to where the guys were waiting and upon spotting them, Hide waved. "Hey~~!"

Kaneki froze up and turned his head to look in the direction they were coming from. His breath caught in his throat as he saw her approaching them. She was beautiful. Her hair was tied up in a bun, her bangs still covering half of her face; she had slight make up on and the necklace that he gave her for her birthday hung around her neck.