Rude Much???

This is not a new one-shot sorry.

A while ago, someone asked me for a request and I politely declined because I don't write out of Tokyo Ghoul fandom, specifically Kaneki and Touka. I was extremely shocked to see the person hurling vulgarities at me after I declined the request. 

These are the photos of the conversation we had. I'm not a mean person so I covered the person's name.

 I'm not a mean person so I covered the person's name

I brought this up because I want you guys to know that writers are also people and we have the authority to decline your requests if we do not like it or think we don't have the ability to write it

I brought this up because I want you guys to know that writers are also people and we have the authority to decline your requests if we do not like it or think we don't have the ability to write it. In my case, I did not like it because I only write Kaneki x Touka one-shots, nothing else. 

Yes, we can be nice and accept your requests but remember, this is about consent. If we say we do not want to do the request, don't force it. Lots of effort and time are spent writing. For some, it can take hours, some take days. It can be stressful for us. We write because it is for ourselves, to make ourselves happy. Of course, the readers' happiness that comes after also matters to us. 

Think before you open your mouth. That's what my parents always say. If you have nothing good to say, keep your mouth shut. Words hurt and they stay with someone for a long time. Though he/she said sorry, that sentence will stay in my heart for a long time. Weeks, months or even years. This is why some people get depression and attempt suicide. 

Back to the topic, I hope we all can understand this and prevent this from happening in the future. If the writer does not want to do the request, it's not the end of the world. Chill.

Thanks to those who read this far. Do comment your opinions on this or if you have seen anything like this.