Date

Request for @thedailyphan

The man wearing a black wig over his shockingly white hair stood outside Anteiku, waiting for his girlfriend to come out.

He looked at his watch.

They were supposed to meet at 1pm.

It's currently 1.15pm.

I guess I'll wait a little more before going up to get her...

He decided 15mins was still better than the 1 hour wait when they arranged a visit to the mask shop.

---

After Kaneki came back from the Aogiri incident, the two of them started going out. When he asked Touka, she didn't hesitate at all; not wanting to lose anyone else anymore.

Today is their first date.

---

1.30pm

Kaneki starts walking up the steps to Anteiku and stopped as soon as he saw his girlfriend coming down.

Touka panted. "Sorry I'm late."

He stared at her. She was wearing a sleeveless white dress with frills in front accompanied with a handbag and sandals. She even had make up on judging from her slightly red lips.

"W-why are you staring? Do I have something on my face?" Touka turned her head away, worried she didn't put her make up on properly.

Pink tinted his cheeks. "N-No you look really pretty.."

Touka was glad he didn't find that she was overdressing. She wanted to look good for their first date after all. "Thank you."

Compared to her, I'm just...

Kaneki looked down at his outfit. It didn't match Touka's outfit at all. He was wearing a white T shirt with grey Bermudas and sneakers.

Sensing his uneasiness, Touka assured him, "you look handsome".

He blushed. "Thank you. Shall we go?" He extended his hand out, waiting for her to take it.

"Yes." She took his hand and they walked out of Anteiku, making their way to a shopping mall.

Kaneki had planned out this date thoroughly and even had to ask Hide (who's single) for advice. He wanted to make this date memorable.

As they walked through a park, they enjoyed the beautiful scene before them; children running and playing around, people walking their pets and the seasonal plants.

This was a scene that they would like to see more often instead of the aftermath of a fight between CCG and Ghouls where blood and corpses would be everywhere.

Kaneki sighed in relief when he noticed Touka smiling as they walked. He swung their hands back and forth, making her smile wider.

After a 10 minutes walk, they reached the shopping mall. They took the elevator to the top level and exited.

"Which movie do you want to watch?" He asked.

Since it's her character, he expected her to pick a horror one, but to his surprise, she chose a romance film.

"Okay. Take a seat, I'll go get the tickets for us."

Touka nodded and found a seat somewhere away from the snacks but still near the ticketing counter.

As she watched Kaneki interacting with the person at the counter, her vision of him was blocked by two guys standing in front of her. She frowned and looked up.