95

* Spencer's POV*

Saying goodbye to Demi 3 years ago; was an experience I thought I would never have. Thinking I was gonna marry this girl... maybe I was just delusional. After all I never did live through her popstar life, she put it off for three years and I never asked why? 

There were many things I regret. Things I've done and said, things I didn't do or say. That first year I questioned what I should have done better; or what I would do again if I had the chance. Did I hold her back? Was I keeping her from her dreams? Was I some dead weight? Did she feel the same way about me like I felt about her? 

I was left with so many unanswered questions and it was all my fault.

That first year; I followed Demi's career and social media; after all, I was in love with her.

Demi dropped her first album the beginning of year two and I must admit; it was pretty damn good. 

I wanted to attend one of her concerts but she said to stay out of each others lives so we can experience life... but I couldn't help myself! I attended a concert which made it onto the social media and that's when I cut all ties. 

Starting up a new job; getting a new dog and moving into a safer neighbor, applying cream to heal my scarring from when I was jumped and I was still in contact with Marissa; Demi's best friend to make sure Demi was okay and the person who tried to go after her and Colby hadn't tried again.

When I found out Demi was moving; I wanted to know where but that information wasn't given to anyone but friends and family so as far as I know; she's in some unknown country.

Starting a new job was harder then I thought it would be; but I had Hanna's support and her family.

My dad and I got into another heated argument which set me off of my family for a while and I'm afraid that's how it'll always be.

My only true family being Hanna's.

Safia and I started dating and have been for over two years after I cut all ties from Demi and honestly; it feels great! She was one of my first loves and we just get each other in ways Demi and I never did! 

I found out Joe and Sophie got married and Demi is dating some MMA fighter as of like last year thanks to Hanna and I felt happy for her. We're both happy and we've moved on. 

We really were just a few chapters in our book. I'll never forget the things we went through from my old YouTube channel and paranormal to our life situations. I knew pushing myself away from that paranormal obsessed life was better then continuing to mess around in it. Dabbling every once and a while we fine to me. Some days I missed hanging out with Demi and her friends; but I remind myself the people I do have around me; and even thought I'm not marrying Demi like I had hoped; I would always have Demi's family as friends and supporters if it came down to it. 

Being now almost 26; Demi almost 28, it feels good to live life more and not be as tied down. I think getting engaged as young as I was, was a mistake. I definitely think looking back on it now that we really did have a lot of growing to do; more of the world to see and things to hear. We needed these life experiences and I'm not ashamed of Demi or what I had with her. No one will replace her, no one will replace those memories or rewrite those chapters, but it feels nice to be on a new chapter with a new girl; making new memories. Reliving the passed and focusing on the future, not settling for silver and reaching for gold. 

The three year mark was soon approaching and I was curious if Demi would remember.. if we'd meet up? Or act like we both completely forgot? As the day approached me... I began to get anxious, just wanting to get the day over with.

Today was that day. The day I would see if I was gonna meet Demi at the coffee shop.. what if she wasn't even in town? Or the state? Would I be okay?..

"Baby; stop worry" Safia pulled me into her; pecking my temple as I sighed.

"It's been three years Saf; we're both in happy relationships and I love you very much, but she was a big part of my life! What if she never shows at the coffee shop?" I frowned; thinking of all the possibilities.

"You'll never know if you don't show up Spencer. Maybe she's worrying about the same thing" Safia shrugged and I shook my head.

"She wouldn't about these things! She has more important things to do!" I frowned, checking my hair for the fourth time in two minutes.

"SO DO YOU!" Safia yelled making me jump.

I drove to the coffee shop and the second I looked in the window and Saw Demi sitting there at a table; looking at her phone it's like my heart stopped. The whole world froze in time just like those cliché love stories you hear... but this time, she wasn't alone.

I walked in; curious to who was with her and when she saw me; I saw her smile and my heart started beating quicker as I approached her.

"You came" Demi smiled and I starred at her in disbelief.

"Of course I came! I was worried you wouldn't come" I frowned and this time she starred at me like I was crazy.

"What do you mean?" 

"I thought you wouldn't come; being too wrapped up in your perfect life" I shrugged and Demi laughed, pulling the younger girl into her lap and I saw Colby come out of the bathroom and he had changed so much! He looked so much older and wiser! I wanted to cry so bad. 

I walked over to Colby and I was surprised he remembered me.

Hearing him call me "Spencer" Broke my heart, but I smiled anyway pulling him into a hug. 

"Spencer; I would like you to meet my adoptive daughter Huxlynn" Demi smiled, looking down at the little girl in her lap and I smiled, Demi having her wave at me.

"You adopted?" I asked and Demi nodded and then I noticed the ring on her finger and I felt my stomach drop but I continued to smile like nothing was wrong. 

"Yeah; Luke and I are getting married and when we saw this little girl, we went through the adoption process and it was a bumpy ride but I couldn't be happier to claim her as my own" Demi smiled, the little girl playing with Demi's hand and I noticed two new tattoos but didn't get a good look at them. 

Talking to Demi and Colby felt like memory lane; we told each other how our lives were going, Demi talking about Luke and myself talking about Safia, Demi surprised I went back to Safia.

Promising each other that every 3 years we would meet up and talk with each other for hours, knowing if we stayed close friends, we might do some damage to each other but not wanting to say goodbye for forever.

Having a nice long talk with Demi; wondering around the town with the children made me think this is how our life could have been, but our life together clearly wasn't meant to me.

When I got home that day, being met with my dog and girlfriend; I already couldn't wait for the next three years to meet up with Demi and see how much of our lives changed.

There was one thing I knew, and I was should would never change...

I was deeply in love with this girl.

* * * *

THE END!

I wanted to keep it short and sweet... I suck at ending books. I always wanna carry on their lives and stories till death but like.. that's impossible.

I was gonna post on Demi's birthday but too much was going on that day; so I'm posting the day before my Niall concert :) and this is the last chapter so I didn't wanna keep pushing it off

Written on: August 18th 2018, August 21st 2018 and August 22 2018

Published on: August 22 2018

Word Count: 1441