70

*Demi's POV*

The second Spencer and her dad made eye contact, everyone could feel the tension.

"Spencer" Her father spoke slowly, Spencer's hand still connected with mine and it made me feel uncomfortable.

"Father" She responded and I wanted to leave badly.

"Alright, calm down" Her mother intervened, a spoon hitting a pot to catch their attention.

Spencer took my hand closer to hers, and marched up to her father.

"Look, I'm here, because Ma wanted to meet Demi. I couldn't give a fuck about you. This is my life, you were just apart of it. I love Demi, she loves me. If you have an issue with me being gay, then you can fuck yourself till you bleed. I know all about how my grandfather was gay, and he left your mother for a guy and you were raised by your ma. I'm not fucking him! Demi is my girlfriend, my whole life revolves around this gorgeous girl right here. You will either suck it up and support me and my girlfriend, or you will never see me ever again. I'm so fucking over your judgment, and the looks and comments! NO ONES A FUCKING SAINT DAD! Don't act like you're Mr.Fucking Perfect! I'm a proven image of your imperfections! You knocked ma up as a teen, and I'm your fuck up! If I did that, I would have been fucking shunned! DO NOT FUCKING SHUN ME FOR SOMETHING I CAN'T CONTROL! YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR DEMI!" By now she was screaming and I'm sure anything within 30 miles as ran off.

Her father didn't say anything, but he sat down at the kitchen table and I pulled Spencer back to me, wrapping my arms around her as her back touched my stomach.

"I love you" I whispered into her ear, pecking her cheek.

"Spencer, will you wash these eggs for me?" Her mom questioned and she nodded, dragging me with her.

I helped Spencer carefully clean 30 chicken eggs, setting them into a bowl.

"I'm making what use to be your favorite, I don't know if it still is" Her mother trailed off, grabbing a bowl.

"Awe yay" Spencer kissed her cheek, my hand still connected to Spencer's.

"Alright, where do you want them put?" Spencer questioned, her hand leaving mine to hold the bowl of breakable eggs. 

"In that cooler" 

"Ma! Ryker needs the first aid's kit" I heard Ellie come in and her mother sighed, leaving the kitchen.

"So, how many siblings do you have?"

"4 others and me" Spencer leaned against the counter, smiling at me.

"What do you do Spencer?" I heard her dad ask and she turned to face him.

"I work at Hanna's family owned restaurant  and a family owned coffee shop as well as a full time college student" She informed and I felt proud of her.

"What do you do Demi?" Her father turned his head to look at me.

"I am a "famous" singer" I air quoted on famous and he nodded.

"Can you sing well?" Her father asked Spencer and I laughed really hard.

"Her laugh would be a no" Spencer rolled her eyes, grinning.

We all talked while her mother finished making dinner.

When dinner time came, she called everyone in and that's when I got the first good look at Spencer's siblings.

"Who's who?"

"Ellie, Ryker, Sydney, Joslyn" She pointed out the children and I nodded. 

We sat down and ate dinner, which turned out to be pretty good.

Everyone helped to clean up the place and before I knew it, the children were outside doing nightly chores.

"So, Idea" I chimed up and Spencer looked over at me.

"Uh oh" She grinned and I swattered at her. 

"What if your fam came to a show?" I shrugged and she laughed.

"If ya want you can ask" 

"Hey Ma! Demi has a question" Spencer hollered from the living room.

Her mother came into view and I took a deep breath.

"I was wondering if you and your family would like to come to one of my concerts. I know that's not normally something you do in your culture, just your husband asked what I did for a living... and I'm a singer" I spoke nervously and I saw her mother give it some thought.

"Maybe" She shrugged.

"What did you do for entertainment? You don't have electronics, you can't listen to music. Life had to be pretty fucking boring" I laughed and Spencer shrugged.

"It's all I knew" She smiled and I shook my head in disbelief.

"I didn't kill myself because of music. I can't imagine life without music" I mumbled, looking around their house. 

"I couldn't live without you" Spencer got all cheesy on me and I laughed, pecking her lips quickly.

"Baby, it's getting late" I yawned, seeing it was 8pm.

"Alright, let's go" She got up, pulling me up with her.

"Hey ma! We have to go" Spencer walked into the kitchen and I felt so out of place here.

"Awe! Alright hun. Sorry we didn't get to sit down and chat, it's been busy here since you left" Her mother frowned and I saw Spencer bite her tongue, nodding.

We said a quick goodbye and Spencer pulled me out of the household.

"Since I left" Spencer huffed, shaking her head. 

"Baby, ignore it; come on" I pulled her and Safia's father met up with us and took us to our car.

When we arrived at Spencer's apartment, Oliver had to go out so I laid on the couch, exhausted while Spencer cared for her aussie. 

"I don't know what to think about what happened tonight" I sighed, Spencer sitting down next to me

"Well let's not think" She laughed, turning Bones on.

"Wanna help me do coursework?" She questioned and I shrugged.

That night, I helped Spencer with homework, thinking about how little her family communicated tonight. It was like they talked to you if they had to, or else you weren't there.

I wonder why...

* * * *

A/N: Do you want paranormal stuff back? I've dropped it for a little while... but I'm thinking about bringing it back. Let me know :)

Written on: 4 / 4 / 18

Published on: 4 / 7 / 18

Word Count: 1052