10

*Demi's POV*

"COLBY!" I yelled.

I shot up and ran over to my baby boy.

I looked and he didn't seem to be choking.

Fear ran through my veins and I picked my son up, knowing calling an ambulance wouldn't do anything since it'd take longer for them to get here.

I picked up my son who wasn't breathing and I grabbed my phone and ran out of my hotel room, Pj's and all, banging on Max's hotel door.

He opened it, rubbing his eyes.

"Do you have any idea what -" He paused when i cut him off.

"CAR! COLBY ISN'T BREATHING!" I yelled and Max suddenly became very alurt and he grabbed the keys and his phone and we ran down the hall, down to the elavator knowing i'd take longer, taking the stairs.

"Baby, stay calm" I paniced.

I tried to get air into his mouth, I tried to open his airway but he couldn't.

"Hold on Colby" I rushed, my legs being ansty, blood rushing through my veins really fast as i felt like my heart was going to explode with how fast it was beating.

The elavator dinged and we made a run for it, people giving us weird looks.

We got in the car, not even buckiling before we started rushing, surly speeding.

As we were going down the highway, way over speed limit, we got pulled over.

"You gotta be fricken kidding me" Max muttered in his australian accent and usally i'd giggle, but I was in no mood to giggle.

The police offericer came up "Sir, do you know how fast you were going?" He asked and Max sighed.

"No, to be honest, but my bosses kid here can't breath and we're rushing him to the hospital" Max rushed on, the police officer took one look at me and my desprete look and he nodded.

"Follow me, you'll get a police escort" He said and I thanked him and he got in the car, pulled in front of us and we got a police escort to the hospital.  

"I still need to write up a ticket though" He said as I rushed into the hospital, Colby's eyes shut and I felt a small pulse, it was getting weaker by the second.

"HELP! HE CAN'T BREATH!" I sobbed.

I saw a nurse  run to me and he took Colby from me.

They started doing breathing stuff on him and I felt tears run down my cheeks. 

"Is he allergic to anything?!" A nurse yelled and I thought quickly.

"I don't think so" I sobbed.

"What did he eat last?" He asked.

"Mac and cheese" I sobbed.

The stuck a needle in him and put a breathing mask on him and I was in complete sobs

When he gasped for air, his skin slightly blue and I felt myself fall to the floor, thanking god. 

I got up and I walked over, whipping my tears.

"Colby Joseph Lovato, you scared mommy" I gave a small smile, moving some hair out of his eyes, some curls coming in. 

The famous Jonas curls.

I didn't have the Jonas cheeks though sadly.

Joe says he got the good genes.

I felt his pulse and I felt myself calm down, knowing he is okay.

"Mommy" he whispered and I shushed him immediately.

"Shh Bubba, let's strengthen that breathing before you speak" I told him, kissing his cheek and running my hand through his soft dark brown hair.  

"Alright, can I have his full name?" The doctor asked and I nodded.

"Colby Joseph Lovato" I spoke up, running my hand down my baby boy's cheek.

"Alright, it says Colby is allergic to strawberries" The doctor read off and I was confused. 

"Strawberries? but he didn't have strawberries" I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. 

"Well if it was from cheese, he'd have hives, not air problems. If it was dairy he would be constipated, if it was meat he would have a stomach ache, so" He shrugged and I turned to Colby.

"Colby, baby. Did you eat a strawberry?" I asked and he looked over at me.

"Yes?" He stated but sounded more like a question.

I sighed.

"Why did I have no clue he had this allergy? I'm his mother for god sake" I groaned, rubbing my hands down my face in annoyance.

"It says he was admitted on July 4th, 2013 at 2 years old by a Joseph Jonas for this allergy" The doctor said and I felt myself get angry.

"WHAT THE HELL! A MOTHER HAS THE RIGH TO KNOW THIS!" I yelled, pulling out my phone and Dialing Joe's number. 

It went to voicemail and I knew I was going to loose my shit when I saw him in the morning.

"Ms. Lovato, I'd like to keep him over night to watch how his breathing is over the next maybe, 12 hours?" He suggested and I nodded.

I sat in the hospital bed with Colby, him snuggling up to me as he fell asleep after they hooked him up.

I fell asleep next to my baby boy, thanking god that he was here breathing and in my arms alive. 

I hope Joe knows what is coming for him tomorrow, because it ain't a "did you have a good night last night?"

* * * *
A/n: I almost made the mark! It turned 12am on the dot when it loaded 😑 🙄

Written on: 11 / 4 / 17 

Published on: 11 / 7 /17

Word Count: 914