88

*Demi's POV*

I woke up that morning to myself in my bed, in yesterday's clothes.

It was just a dream..

just a dream.....

but it felt so real!

At least I'm still sober... but why did I dream about Joe? That makes no sense...

I heard my door open so I peaked open my eye and saw Colby making his way in my room.

"Where's mommy?" he asked and I could feel my heart cracking.

"Mommy went away for a little bit" I have him a small smile and he climbed into my bed, snuggling under my covers. 

"We gonna have a good day?" Colby asked and I nodded, my hand messing up his already messy bed head.

"Your last day of school is tomorrow; you excided?" I questioned, turning to look at my little boy. 

Colby nodded, playing with the rings on my fingers.

"You're gonna be a second grader Colbs! You're so big" I fake sobbed making him giggle.

"Mommy and daddy gonna be there momma?" Colby asked quietly; leaning into my side.

"Daddy will be; I don't know if Mommy will be..." I trailed off, a small sigh to my words as I remembered my last conversation with Spencer.

How could she do that? 

Did she really think it was a good life choice?

Was she even thinking about all the people she was hurting?

"Momma?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Can we go on a trip?" Colby asked quietly, playing with his stuff animal elephant as I checked the time on my phone.

"Maybe, where do you want to go?" 

"Somewhere warm and pretty" he spoke in such an imaginative tone.

"Yeah, somewhere warm and pretty? Like Hawaii? or like the Bahama's?" I asked, pulling up my calendar on my phone to see my open dates.

I saw I had a week open before Colby's birthday and I marked it off as vacation days before opening up my texts to see I had one from Hanna and one from Joe.

I read Joe's first; his text just telling me Colby left a toy there so if he asked for it that's where it was which I replied with an okay and I'd get it tomorrow.

Hanna's was just asking me if i'm alright which I just sent a shrug emoji before opening up google when I heard Colby ask me what the Bahama's was.

"Isn't that pretty?" I showed him the photos and he nodded before clicking a suggestion box which happened to be somewhere in Thailand.

"That's pretty momma, what about there?" 

"That is pretty, you like Thailand?" I asked and he nodded, looking at some more photos. 

We got up and decided to have a PJ morning.

Colby and I ate breakfast while I looked at flights that I could book to Thailand.

I texted Max to see if him and his wife and daughter wanted to join; seeing I needed security plus I didn't wanna go alone...

I booked 8 tickets to Thailand; 2 for me and Colby, 3 for Max, his daughter and wife; 2 for Cesar and his boyfriend and one for Matthew.

"What do you want to do today Colby?" 

"Can Parker come over?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Maybe, I gotta text his mommy though" I took a sip of my tea. 

"Momma?"

"Hm?"

"Is it gonna be you and me forever?"

"Yes sir"

"No one else?"

"Maybe; they gotta treat us like royalty" I winked making him smile.

"Daddy treats Soph like a queen" Colby commented and for some reason that kind of hurt me...

"Yeah? Good for Sophie" I nodded and we spent that morning together and Parker and Colby met up at the park with is mommy and she wasn't too bad looking; but she was straight and married so...

I had a good Colby day and that next day was Colby's last day of school and my first day back at the studio.

That next day; there was a knock at my door and it happened to be Spencer and I didn't know how I felt...

I didn't really want to see her again... but I don't really have a choice.

Colby was at Parkers for a over night since it was his first day of summer and he was really excided.

Spencer stood in my doorway, the nerves she was feeling was clear in her stance.

"Demi.."

"You shouldn't be here, I don't want you here" I spoke immediately, as if it was second nature to me. 

"Demi, I lied to yo-"

"I KNOW YOU LIED TO ME, now get off my property!" I growled and she frowned, taking a shallow breath.

"That's not what I mean-"

"Get off my property Spencer"

"I'M NOT A DRUG DEALER!" She yelled, earning me some looks from my neighbors making me pull her inside.

"Why the fuck did you lie to me then?" I growled and I saw her pull back into her shell a little bit before seeing a boost of bravery.

"I was trying to protect you"

"BY LYING TO ME?!"

"No! That was to save my ass, I wasn't kidding Demi!"

"WHAT'S WORSE THEN LYING?!"

"BEING KILLED!"

"What do you mean?"

"Someone came here to hurt you and Colby, the bruises and wounds are because we got into a physical fight and these scratches are from their blade and these what you thought were hickeys, are hickeys; FROM YOU!"

"Someone wanted to kill Colby?" It hit me... like a shit ton of bricks.

Someone not only wanted me dead; but my son.

"Yes Demi... someone out there, wants you dead"

* * * *

Filler chapter; sorry!

Written on: July 7th 2018

Published on: July 7th 2018

Word Count: 953