84

*Demi's POV*

Spencer has been heartbroken all week and she's been lounging in my house this whole time and don't get me wrong, I love her, but we got shit to do! We talked about moving in together once she graduated which was in a few weeks, which means she's got school to get done and she's been like a zombie, laying on my couch. 

"Alright, Baby, I love you; but you got stuff to do! You got work and school and I got to go get ready to preform at the state fair, now Colby is going to Joe's for the weekend, Batman is going to my moms and you are staying here and getting school done! I want to see my baby graduate college and get her degree! So your ass will not be mopping on this couch anymore, your eyes will be looking at text books and your brain will be remembering what you're reading so you can do well on your final exams!" I yelled, Colby walking into the room with a bag in hand.

"You ready bug?" I reached for my shoes and he nodded, slipping on some sneakers and a jacket. 

I left with Colby and Batman, stopping at my moms first. 

Spencer and I have yet to go public about our engagement since everything with them finding out about Colby just happened, but we did tell family and friends that night via facetime. 

I dropped my boys off at their places and Joe was gonna take Colby to the last few days of school and I'd get back on his last day and I flew off to New York.

I arrived in New York and played a few shows before making my way back home.

It felt so weird being alone, no son, no girlfriend, it reminded me of when I was younger, when it was just me and the world.

I walked into my house to notice Spencer wasn't on the couch and that there were boxes in the hallways and a sobbing noise coming from a bedroom.

I followed the trail of boxes and it lead to the spare bedroom.

I noticed the door left cracked open and it squeaked when I pushed it open and the sight in front of me was upsetting.

Spencer was laying in my bed, text books surrounded her, tear stained cheeks and what looked like black and blue marked up skin.

I LEFT FOR A 3 DAYS! 

"Hey baby girl... you okay?" I asked and her head lifted up, shocked to see me.

I would have thought she would have heard me? 

"You're home" She sobbed, running to my arms and clinging onto me.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I held her and I looked at her skin, seeing the black and blue marks all over it. 

"What the fuck happened to you?" I raised my voice, tossing her on the bed, making her scream since she hit a few corners on text books. 

"I'm so sorry!" She whined and I raised an eyebrow.

"I LEFT FOR THREE DAYS! YOU BETTER FUCKING SPILL!" I yelled, furious at the marks all over her body. 

Some looked like hickeys, some looked like bruises and I was about to flip some shit.

"Okay! So, I went back to my place because I left a few books there that I needed, anyway, I was walking in the back ally, taking trash out because I kinda forgot to when we left.." She paused an I wrinkled my nose.

Ew

"Anyway, I threw away the trash and when I was walking back, I got jumped, who knows why and we fought, I landed in the hospital for a night and now we're here. The bruises are from getting slammed around and hitting things and shit" She explained and my jaw was dropped.

"NOT ONLY DID YOU GET JUMPED BUT YOUR ASS LANDED IN THE HOSPITAL AND I'M JUST NOW FINDING THE FUCK OUT!" I was livid.

"I'm sorry! But I was fine! and you were looking forward to this festival!" Spencer defended herself and I wasn't having it.

"Okay, and the boxes?" I took a deep breath, knowing if I blow my top I'll get nothing else out of her.

"I uh... moved in?" She spoke, waiting for my reaction.

"You did what?!"

"I didn't think it'd be a huge deal!" She yelled and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Don't yell at me" I spoke sternly and I could see her fuming.

"WELL IF YOU'RE GONNA YELL AT ME! I'M GONNA HAVE TO SPEAK TO YOU!" She yelled and I just walked out of the room.

I can't deal with this right now.

I got stress about Colby ending school, us needing to plan a wedding, Batman needing to get caught up on vet appointments, me possibility talking to Phil about ending my singing career and now I got my fiancée moving in, finishing school, battered and bruised... it's just all too much.

I got in my car, Spencer trying to chase me down but I pulled out of the driveway and I headed towards my mom's to pick up Batman.

I arrived and walked in, the house being a little messy, my older sisters school stuffy all over the place.

"HEY! I'M HERE FOR MY POOCH!" I yelled into the home and I heard barking dogs but no people.

I walked towards the kennel rooms and saw the dogs kenneled up.

I let them out and we went out to the backyard and I watched them play around and Batman pooped as well as Bella and I cleaned it up, it was disgusting but it had to be done, gotta keep the yard clean...

We went back inside and each dog started chugging water, to be fair it was like 95 out.

I kenneled the dogs back up and texted both Maddie and my mom that I picked up Batman, took the dogs out and rekenneled them and got an okay back, learning they were at the store. 

On my way home, my phone started to ring so that's when I pulled over to answer it. 

I answered the phone... and I wish I hadn't.

* * * *

Written on: June 12th 2018, June 14th 2018

Published on: June 14th 2018

Word Count: 1055