51

*Spencer's POV*

"What does that have to do with anything?" 

"He was taught from a young age that being gay is wrong. It's not "Normal" for an amish family to have a gay daughter or son . . . I know what we did was wrong, but we took pride and ego over family. I hate that I let your father do that, I wish I controlled the situation differently and for that, I'm sorry" Mom apologized and I sighed.

"It's in the past ma" 

"But it's still the present and future" She reminded making me groan.

"I want to move past it ma, my future consists of school, Demi and Oliver and I like it that way. My life is my life, you're just living in it" I spoke, glancing up towards the sky that was starting to set. 

We dropped the conversation, and everyone made there way back to the hospital.

My father was awake and I didn't even want to enter the room.

Ellie, Ryker, Safia and I ended up leaving together, bringing Ellie and Ryker home since Safia and I decided at the hospital to go check out this building close by for content.

I only had one camera on me with half charge, So we decided to just go home and come back tomorrow.

When I got home, Safia and I took Oliver on a walk around the building outside, not wanting to have an encounter like last time. 

Demi was very stubborn that I move house, to which she doesn't understand that I simply cannot afford it.

When I walked back inside with Safia and Oliver, Safia ordered us Chinese food while I put on Bones, the new season being added to Netflix making me really happy.

When our Chinese arrived, I talked to Safia about what me and my mom talked about, before I finished my last math assignment that was due tomorrow.

"When's your date with Demi?" Safia asked, shoving noodles into her mouth. 

"Sunday"

"This is your second date right?"

"We're counting it as our first since it didn't go to well" I shrugged, stabbing a piece of chicken to feed myself.

I heard Oliver's thumping paw's running through my apartment, a sock hanging out of his mouth.

I cursed, getting up to get my sock back to which this turned into a game of chase.

When I finally got my sock, I set it in the bathroom hamper to hear Safia telling Oliver to leave my food, making me jog back into the room quickly, moving his puppy butt away from my chicken.

@MissLowe: Someone thought sitting here would give them a better view of mommy's dinner . . . then they decided it was a further drop then they were comfortable with . . .  

I fell asleep that night tired from the day.

The next morning, Safia stayed over to watch Oliver while I went to classes.

That evening, we gathered out gear and headed out the three  hour drive to where we were yesterday. 

When we arrived, I felt giddy, since I haven't done this in a while. 

We did the intro and wondered inside. 

I stepped over things, tripped over things, gasped at things, screamed at things and of course, laughed at things wondering through this place. 

I didn't see anything to crazy, or hear anything that was unexplainable but it was still a fun time, seeing the old building. 

We didn't get much footage so we stayed a bit longer, exploring places that we probably shouldn't have, it was a fun time, and I was glad we went even thought we didn't see much.

That night, I posted the footage unedited and said goodbye to Safia, knowing that the next day I had to get ready for Demi and I's date that afternoon and saying I was nervous, was a understatement.

@MissLowe: Went somewhere epic and @SafiaAndrews took this picture! Thanks Saf! 

* * * *

The next morning, I had some early classes before I just hung out with Oliver, knowing I needed to get ready in a few hours. 

When I saw Demi's tweet, I cackled making Oliver jump.

I heard my phone buzz, seeing Demi tweeted and I took that as the warning that I needed to start getting ready.

@ddlovato: DATE NIGHT! Thanks for the suggestions! 

Once I was ready, I took Oliver out to go potty before taking him to my neighbors who kindly watches him
* * * *
Next chapter is 3k words and it will be up Feb 1st to start off the month (:
Written on:  1 / 28 / 18

Published on: 1 / 30 / 18

Word count: 765

Word count: