35

*Spencer's POV*

"Spencer Wait!" I heard, I turned around, to see this Joe guy, running after me

"What?!" I scoffed, turning around harshly.

"Do not run away from Demi" He pleaded and  shook my head.

"You don't know shit. Get away from me. Go be with the whore. I knew she was married" I grumbled, holding back tears.

"First off, DO NOT call Demi a whore, second off, she is not married and third off, I do know shit" He scoffed, glaring at me.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled, sniffling as I rolled my shoulders.

"No! I will not! I love Demi very much - in a friend way - and she is falling in love with you! I will not leave you alone so you break her heart! I will not let you be the biggest bitch in the world! You do not deserve her! Shut the fuck up and stop assuming shit you do not fucking know!" Joe groused, angry now.

I starred at him, slightly fearful

I saw his demeanor change.

"Spencer, I am Demi's ex. It will make more sense when she tells you in her own time. But, If i know Demi, is she doesn't fall in love with anyone. After you guys had a falling out, Demi got a little . . . angry. She took it out on me, thinking I was the problem. I know thing's you don't. I get that is frustrating, but I can't tell you because it is not my place. Please, just don't be mad at her, she can't have her heart broken again. Please give her a chance. She loves you, know it or not. She does. I can see it within her. I have been connected to Demi for years. Please, just trust me and go talk to her" He begged, sounding desperate.

I sighed, nodding.

"Fine" I gave in and the idiotic grin took over his face. 

I walked over to where I saw Demi standing, looking concerned and upset.

I looked her in the eye, before looking down and smiling a bit, walking over to her.

"Hey" I whispered, looking up at her through my lashes.

She starred at me, her lips in a pout.

"I can explain" She sounded desperate, her cute brown eyes looking into mine.

I just smiled at her.

"Go for it" I told her, crossing my arms over my chest, trying to hide my smile that wanted to peak through.

"Joe is my ex, I was out tonight with him for a reason that I don't want to tell you in a public place. I want to tell you why, and I will, if you don't shut me out. Just, please ignore the fact that I can't tell you in this speech" Demi pleaded and I nodded with some confusion showing in my face.

I need to keep an open mind. I kept telling myself over and over again.

"Okay" I told her and her eyes widened.

"okay?" Demi asked, shocked.

"Yeah, okay" I smiled and I saw her take a deep breath, before going to talk. 

"When do you get off work? I can explain everything, in private" Demi asked and I sighed.

"Two hours" I told her, looking over my shoulder before connecting our eyes again. 

"Can we meet at your apartment after work?" She asked and I nodded.

I said goodbye to her, going to go finish the longest two hours ever.

When I got to my apartment, I texted Demi before taking Oliver out, making sure to thank my neighbor for watching him while I was gone. 

When Demi arrived, I felt very anxious to find out what it was she needed to tell me.

I was doing some school work, when she buzzed.

I let her up and I waited to hear her knock. 

When she arrived, a wave of emotion ran through me, and I couldn't tell you what sort of emotion it was, even if I tried. 

I opened the door, feeling like a nervous sweat made it's way to my palms. 

Demi looked at me  and the face I saw, didn't put me at ease.

"I have something to tell you" Demi spoke, as I let her walk in. 

"No shit" I glared and she sighed

I shut the door, looking over at Demi as she watched me.

"Gonna talk?" I questioned, walking over towards Oliver.

"Gonna listen?" Demi replied, raising an eyebrow at me.

I narrowed my eyes at her, and she rolled her eyes.

"I would like your full attention" Demi said, crossing her arms. 

"Okay" I huffed, giving all my attention to her, she smirked at me before walking more into the apartment.

"I need you to be honest with me, with every question I'm about to ask before I tell you what I want to tell you" Demi spoke with determination as she sat down across from me.

"Like?" I questioned, closing my school books and moving them to the side while Demi talked.

"I want to see if you trust me. I want to tell you something, but before I can, I need to know if we're good and if you're honest." Demi spoke, grabbing one of Oliver's toys and playing tug a war with him. 

"What is this? Some sort of fucked up trust issues class?" I growled and she glared at me.

"Stop being a bitch. I get you think I did something wrong, but I didn't! I have trust issues with you because you have trust issues with me! It's not my problem if you don't believe me, but it is my problem when I really like you and the one time we get intimate you freak out! So I suggest you get your head out of your ass and stop being a mother fucking bitch to me!" she yelled and I starred up at her, shocked she was yelling at me, in my own damn home.

 I get you think I did something wrong, but I didn't! I have trust issues with you because you have trust issues with me! It's not my problem if you don't believe me, but it is my problem when I really like you and the one time we get intimate you...

Written on: 12 / 07 / 17 & 12 / 12 / 17

Published on: 12 / 13 / 17

Word Count: 1005