12

*Demi's POV*

I made it back to my hotel room that afternoon with Colby, and I had Phil make sure I still had my flight in check.

He asked why and I told him because I needed to have some time with Colby without Joe around.

I didn't plan on speaking to Joe after today for a while.

What person doesn't tell the mother that her child is allergic to something?!?! 

Colby felt weak today, which was expected from having breathing troubles last night.

Colby took a nap in my bed while I sent joe a message.

[WHERE ARE YOU!] 

[My room, why?]

[YOU DRESSED?!]

[yes? What's with the all caps]

[I'M COMING OVER!]

I made sure Max was with Colby, while I walked over to Joe's door, pounding on it.

He opened the door, giving me a confused look.

Before I knew it, I slapped him.

He looked stunned before he shook his head, raising an eyebrow at me.

"What the hell was that for?" He grumbled, running his hand over his face.

I pushed him in, before closing the door.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT TELL ME COLBY HAS A STRAWBERRY ALLERGY?" I yelled, beyond pissed.  

"wh-what?" He stammered and I felt my blood boiling.

"WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME HE WAS ADMITED TO THE HOSPITAL ON THE 4TH OF JULY IN 2013 OF A STRAWBERRY ALLERGIC REACTION?!" I yelled, not caring who could hear me.

"What are you talking about?" He questioned, his face scrunched up.

"DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME JONAS!" I yelled, I could feel my heart beating really face.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" he yelled and I took a shallow breath.

"I didn't know he had a strawberry allergy Demi! I didn't take him to the hospital when he was 2! We spent the 4th of July at my mothers with your family, eating sweets and hanging out! I never took him to the hospital!" He spoke loudly.

"I took him to the hospital last night because while eating, he had a allergic reaction and when we got there the doctor said you admitted him for a allergic reaction to strawberries on July 4th 2013 when he was two. WANNA EXPLAIN THIS?!" I spoke, yelling at him towards the end.

"Wh-what do you mean he was in the hospital last night?! Is he okay?! Why didn't you call me!" He spoke, I could see him began to get mad.

"I DID CALL YOU, YOU ASS! SOMONE SENT ME TO VOICEMALL!" I yelled and he rolled his eyes.

"I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE CALLING ME BECAUSE OF OUR SON! I THOUGHT YOU WERE CALLING TO BE ANNOYING!" he yelled and I felt a strike go to my heart.

"NEXT TIME YOU'LL GET A CALL FROM ME WILL BE IF IT HAS TO DO WITH COLBY!" I yelled, turning around, and walking towards the door to leave.

"DEMI! Wait!" He yelled but I closed the door and started walking.

I heard the door open and footsteps behind me.

Joe grabbed onto my bicep and spin me around.

"WHAT?!" I yelled, trying to get out of his grasp. 

"I'm sorry" He spoke, looking into my eyes and I looked at him confused.

"For what?" I sighed, giving up with trying to pull away since he was much stronger then I was. 

"for not calling you" He said, looking down before back up.

"Calling me when?" I sighed and he took a deep breath.

"I didn't call you when I brought him to the hospital. Because I knew you'd get mad at me. I knew you'd be upset. Ever since you found out I had a One night stand with Colby in the room next to me When he was 8 months old, you have despised me since, so when you finally let me watch him again on 4th of July weekend since you had to fly out to Vegas by myself I knew that, that slip up you would never let me watch him ever again because it was life or death moment. I was home alone with him that night, and I gave him strawberries. I almost killed our son and I'm so sorry" He said desperately and I had so many different emotions running throughout my veins. 

I cleared my through after taking a deep breath.

"So you juat lied to me about not knowing that.  I'm so fucking done with you! I am his mother Joe. I had the right now if my son that came out of my vagina, inside me for 9 month's and two weeks, the human who made me have to pee every 5 seconds, keep me up at night with moving and kicking, causing me back and side pain. I had the right to know that the person who grew inside of me was in the hospital due to him not being able to breath. You didn't know he was allergic to strawberries, no one did. I wasn't your fault, I wouldn't have been mad at you. All I would have cared about his him breathing, having a pulse. I had the right to know Joe. I had the right to know" I whispered, pulling away from him and I started walking away.

Holding back tears in my eyes thinking of my child almost dying twice.

I didn't look back as I walked to my hotel room.

Max let me in and I started packing.

Colby woke up, and I felt a smile spread to my face, seeing him give me a small smile.

"Morning baby" I said in a cheery tone as I was pulling out some Sweat pants and a Sweat shirt for me to wear on the plane ride.

"Hungry" he mumbled and I nodded. 

I ordered him some food, making sure they didn't have strawberries on it.

We ate before I changed into some comfy clothing.

Max carried my bag out to the hall as I picked up Colby.

I held Colby and pulled my suit case with me as Max walked by me.

He offered to take my suit case but I was alright.

We were in the elevator, doors closing when Joe noticed us as he reached the elevator, he started running towards it but when he got to the door, the doors closed.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Max was holding my pillow, that I will use in the airport to cover Colby's back while I was holding him to shield him from everyone.

When we made it through the airport and onto the public plane and I felt like I could breath a little easier.

Colby slept on the plane the whole time, and I chatted with Spencer until we landed that evening. 

When I made it home, I felt like I could breath with ease.

Colby and Batman got reunited and I started a load of laundry.

I watched Colby play with his Lego's often asking me questions about how to do something.

He made some stories for them and I was enjoying this moment with my son.

* * * * 
DOUBLE UPDATE !

Written on: 11 / 7 / 17

Published on: 11 / 8 / 17

Word Count: 1206