34

*Demi's POV*

I was sitting at the dinner table, with someone I wasn't expecting to be sitting with.

"This is something I'd thought wouldn't be happening in a million years" I spoke up and he nodded.

"Yeah . . . but I think it needs to happen. Have a night were we talk, work thing's out" Joe smiled and I nodded, sipping my water.

"I think if we build our relationship, it will work better with Colby. I don't think us fighting the whole time we have to raise Colby, is going to turn Colby into a great kid" Joe spoke.

"Yeah . . . I think having both his parent's would be nice as he is growing up" I agreed, making Joe nod. 

It was slightly awkward, being in the nice restaurant.

"I think I should set something on the table" Joe said, seeing our waiter walk by after taking our order. 

"And that is?" I asked, folding my hands together, fiddling with my thumbs as a nervous habit.

"You need to meet Sophie" He blankly stated and I just starred at him.

"Oh hell no" I responded, shaking my head at that idiotic thought he just presented me. 

"Demi" Joe groused, narrowing his eyes at me.

"What?!" I yelled, still keeping myself hushed for those around me.

"She's my girlfriend Demi. I like her very much. You're going to have to meet her one day, because if we're going to have to be friends for Colby, I need you to get along with the girl I might marry one day" Joe explained and I felt a sting to my heart.

I may not still be in love with him, but he will always be someone I loved at one point, and knowing I will never have that chance again, even if I wanted it, kills me.

"Yeah, Yeah" I grumbled, glancing down at my hands.

Our food came and we had small talk as we ate.

I looked up, and Joe was eating something with his fingers.

"Joseph!" I whispered yelled, watching him eat with his fingers. 

He looked at me, clueless.

"This is a fancy restaurant! I can't take you anywhere!" I grumbled and he starred me dead in the eye, picking up another chip off of his place, before putting it in his mouth and chewing with his mouth open.

"JOE! STOP! THAT'S GROSS!" I yelled, starting to laugh. 

"Promise me you'll meet Sophie" Joe smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"You're an ass" I grumbled, stuffing food into my face.

"Yeah? Well one day you loved this ass enough to sleep with him soo" Joe shrugged and I starred at him with widened eyes.