LXX. Final Bout (Part 1)

Over a month has pasted since the Day of Catalysm. Domino Heart City was still trying to return to its former beauty, but it was getting close. DHA was rebuilt and was going to resume school soon for the next school year.

Kenji just finished helping the city's people rebuild Domino Heart. It was a long day and he was ready to go home. He checked his mailbox and found an envelope addressed to him.

"What's this?" He looked at the envelope and noticed the symbol. "The Pro Leagues?" He quickly opened it and read it aloud to himself.

"Kenji Itaru, we've been informed of your spectacular dueling skills. We were present at the National Duel Tournament you won and we were quite impressed. Our company, Kaiba Corp Duel Industries, will like to sponsor you and give you the opportunity to join Pro League Circuit. We hope that you contact us by midnight of June 25th and discuss this once in a lifetime opportunity." Kenji finished reading and smirked lightly. "Humph. It's about time."

*****

Yuko was making his way home. He just helped rebuild a piece of Central Park that was destroyed. He was exhausted. "Today's been a long day."

He saw Benta and Tammi walking his way. "Yo Yuko!" Benta called.

"Hey guys, what's up?"

"Did you hear?!?" Tammi asked.

"Hear about what?"

"Kenji!! He's going to the Pro Leagues!!" Tammi was happy for her brother. Dueling in the Circuit has been his lifelong dream. "Isn't that great?"

Yuko couldn't believe it. "That's great!!! When's he leaving?"

"Tomorrow." Benta replied.

"Tomorrow?!? Why so soon?!"

"He wants to leave as soon as possible." Tammi answered. She was excited that Kenji was moving to greater things. She just a bit sad that Kenji wanted so soon. "Well I have to head home."

"Okay see ya!"

Tammi left. "Can you believe it?!? Kenji's going pro!!" Benta said as if he was still in shock.

"Yeah. It's almost too good to be true."

*****

Yuko arrived home and jumped on his bed. He thought about Kenji. Yuko had to admit to himself that he was kind of jealous. "So Kenji's leaving soon. He's lucky." He closed his eyes and thought even deeper. "I wish I could duel with the pros."

The door bell rang. It was close to midnight. Yuko got up and wondered who would be up at this time. He opened the front door and saw Kenji. "Kenji? What are you doing here?"

Kenji fixed his cold crystal blue eyes on Yuko. He was aware of the time, but he didn't care. "Meet me at Central Park in six hours."

Yuko shot Kenji a confused look. "That's like 6AM. Why? What's going on?"

"Just do did it." Kenji turned away and began to walk off. He stopped for a moment. "You might want to fix your deck a bit. You'll need it." He left without another word.

Yuko was still confused, but he soon understood what Kenji was proposing. He ran back into his room and found his deck on his nightstand.

He sorted his deck out and organized them by card types. "Now what cards do I have that can give Kenji a run for his money." He picked up Tora. "Let's get to business."

A few hours passed. By the time it was 5:45 AM, Yuko had perfected his deck. He was ready to take on even Kenji's strongest cards. "Kenji won't see it coming."