I. First School Duel (Part 1)

Confusion filled the room as a Titan followed by the Gods of the realm, Olympia, all rushed into the Council Hall after receiving an urgent message from their superior, Altros. The Titan Ruler sat impatiently as he watched the other immortals take their seats.

The other titan, Xaphoria, raised his hand. "Lord Altros, why have you summoned us?"

Altros seemed to be deeply troubled. His pale skin didn't help him seem healthy either. "As you all know, we have watched the over the mortal realm with extreme caution. Those mortals have placed that world in harm's way on many occasions."

The youngest being among the gods, Aeron, was completely lost. "Not to speak out of term my lord, but what harm was done?"

Reigna, Queen of the Gods, decided to answer Aeron before Altros did. "A lot of harm has been done. Don't you recall the time when a human of the city Atlantis awoke the Great Leviathan and almost sent the realm into chaos?" She looked over to the god, Cieno. He was the ruler of the seas. "If it weren't for you not showing responsibility for Atlantis discovering the powers of the Orichalcos, then maybe the issue could've been avoided."

Cieno sighed in annoyance. "We all know that I didn't want to be involved because I hate being around chaos. I'm a peacekeeper. Not a chaos master." The Ocean God turned his attention to Xerus, the God of Death. "Besides, Xerus here let the Earth fall into an everlasting darkness."

Xerus closed his eyes and smirked maliciously. "I had my reasons."

"Silence!!" Altros bellowed. "Aside from the Orichalcos and the Darkness Uprising, the Earth Realm has been in more trouble. I hope you all recall the Dark Signer Assault, the Arc Cradle Descent, The Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Dimension War, and also the Astral and Barian Realm War finding its way to terrorize the Earth. All of those issues have all come from the game mortals call 'Duel Monsters'."

Xaphoria wasn't understanding where Altros was coming from. "What are you implying? Do we ban the game?"

Deltrus, Altros' son, raised his hand in protest. "I don't think it's our place to do that father. The mortals created that game on their own. We can't take that away from them."

Altros smiled. "I'm not saying that we should ban the game entirely. I'm proposing that we ban the things that have brought chaos to that world."

Xaphoria knew exactly what Altros was talking about. "The Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Pendulum Mechanics."

The gods were shocked. Even Deltrus didn't expect his father to propose something like that. "But father those summonings are an essential part of the game. If we take those away then..."

Altros cut his son off. "I am dying." The Titan Ruler looked at the back of his hand. It had a faintly glowing tattoo that was made of a circle with the six symbols of each attribute of life with the symbol of the divine in the center. "The realms won't survive without my power to keep them in peace. Duel Monsters is a not just a game. It's essential to all realms, even this one. So if we ban the most threatening parts of the game, peace will be easier for you all to maintain."

Xerus shifted his black eyes onto Altros. "What about the child? A child will be born with your mark and inherit your powers, am I right?"

"Yes, but until the child is old enough to control the mark's power, I'm afraid that the new rule will have to pass on." Altros turned to Xaphoria. "I will leave you to possess a mortal and create a new mechanic that will still keep the game interesting."

Xaphoria nodded. "Yes, my lord."

Altros then stared down at the gods. "Reigna, Venito, Cieno, Aeron, and Deltrus my son. With the other titans deceased, I need you all to protect the realms with care." He faced Xerus next. "And you Xerus will continue to live in the Underworld."